SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X5 Legion Accuracy Issue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X5 Legion Accuracy Issue Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The P320 does seem sensitive to cartridge overall length, bullet weight, etc. I've done a number of ladders building different loads, and some are considerably more accurate than others in the P320. It's fed just about everything, but I do see differences. Not as large as what are being described, but it might be the difference in a 1.5" group vs. a 3" group, from the bench.

The P320 legion uses a "pretensioned" barrel. You might notice the that the slide doesn't appear full forward, or moves forward slightly as you press the trigger. It may appear to have a slight loose or misfit with the hood in relation to the slide, unless the slide is pressed forward. Both features common to the pretensioned barrel.

If this problem is endemic through each shooter and repeatable, it's clear there's a problem. I wonder if the correct barrel is in the pistol.

With the firearm empty and in battery, if you place a pencil down the barrel and attempt to move the barrel around in the slide, can you move it? There shouldn't be any play or movement of the barrel, either from the muzzle, or anywhere in the barrel using the pencil, or by pressing down on the barrel hood, relative to the slide.

If the firearm isn't delivering satisfactory performance, I'd look at sending it back to Sig.

Pencil test is an interesting one. Mine does not have any movement that I can see.

I posted earlier about marring inside the barrel. Has anyone seen that before hand and it be a problem?

Posts: 21 | Registered: January 10, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't picture what you're describing about the barrel and the marring, but damage to the barrel can certainly cause a loss of accuracy.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post