SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Canik Rival: anyone try one yet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canik Rival: anyone try one yet? Login/Join 
posted
I've been a fan of striker Caniks for some time now. They're impressive shooters with a superb trigger (for a striker gun) that easily matches if not surpasses the best from any gun maker NOT located in Turkey. I've got three so far and now looking at my next venture, the competition-oriented Rival and even more intriguing, the steel framed Rival S. The Rival has been out for a while and seems to have developed a strong following among fans of competition shooting. I've watched a couple of vids about the Rival S and it sounds like a definite must-lust kind of gun, similar in focus to what Walther did with their Q4/Q5 metal-framed PPQs, rather than what S&W did with the M&P Metal or SIG with its AXG grip module. I've been completely enamored with my TP9SF ECE and just how sweet that thing performs and makes me look a lot better than I should be (well compared to how I shoot just about every striker gun out of Austria, that is). Now I'm thinking I want to move it up a notch, and Canik has conveniently obliged by bringing this Rival S to market. Thankfully I have a stash of standard cap mags so at least I'm ready to deal with bringing this pistol in without knee-capping it with 10-round limits.

Anybody have any experience with one?

-MG

Posts: 2004 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am interested as well. They seem like well built guns. I was at my local dealer and he had a TP9 Elite in a green camo that caught my eye. I usually don't care for gussied up guns but that one really looked nice and the feel of gun overall seemed rugged.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
This one holds no interest to me but I do like Caniks. I’ve been using a TP9 SC elite OR with a Low-cost red dot RMSc footprint. Awesome trigger & sight combo. Like the cerakote finish. A lot of value from the price point..

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caniks are great guns. Unfortunately they are no longer "sleeper" guns because everyone knows about them now. The price is going up fast on most models. I would still have no problem buying most models even at the new elevated prices.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I do like Caniks a lot. They do seem to know a thing or two about building a damn fine pistol and doing it at a fair and quite reasonable price. Must be something in that Turkish (Turkiysh?) water.

I'm sadly (yet happily) hooked...

-MG

Posts: 2004 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a Rival, trigger is very good. Need to get to the range to try it

Posts: 2308 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never shot a Canik. They certainly seem like they would perform well.

I gotta bust their Sig-esque marketing team though. In my LGS there is a set of these, Miami Days and Miami Nights. Cerakoted palm trees and beach stuff, nightlife, etc. Just about the fuckibg goofiest looking pair of guns I have ever seen. And I have looked through the whole Sig catalog. Lol

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post