SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My first P225: very excited! (lots of pics; dialup beware)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first P225: very excited! (lots of pics; dialup beware) Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I have a P6 and it is one of my favorite pistols.

I agree 100%. I almost didn't buy my P6 but am glad now I did.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1K did yours come with a box? I picked my up today sans box. FFL said they just wrapped it in paper and shipped it out in FedEx box. One of the mags had the base pad, but I was able to just peel it off, no biggy.

KF(95) date code like yours. All numbers match and fRame is in really good shape. The frame and barrel are about on par with yours. Bottom of rails do have some shiny spots, so good cleaning and liberal amount of grease needed. May send to Sig and get the full treatment, and refinish the slide.

Glad I had the chance to pick one up.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1114 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
No box for me either. Which didn't bother me.

Did some semi serious accuracy shooting with it today and got fist sized groups right at POA standing unsupported on steel at 18 yards. Really digging this pistol.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3227 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
Wow! That P225 is in great shape!

From what I've seen so far, it looks like that was a really nice batch of police trade-ins.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Been shooting it daily and loving it. I must rectify the baseplate situation however. I'm starting to talk myself into grinding down the OEM plates. I'll never sell this pistol and it's the only thing that really bothers me.

Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Congrats! P225 is one of those guns that just feels right in my hand, and when I shoot it, it just exhibits a reasonable and predictable amount of recoil so I can return sites to target with consistency.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I'm having a hard time hitting as well as I do with my P226. Likely unfamiliarity with the 3 dot night sights and the trigger, but even holding very carefully and trying to get very good trigger presses I'm all over the plates. I can hit most of the time but with my P226 the impacts are centered in tight groups just at the top of the front sight, while with the P225 they are up to 5 inches off and sporadic. I wonder if the inherent accuracy of this particular example is just not up to par or if it's shooter error. unfortunately I don't have a ransom rest to confirm. Do they make a match barrel for this pistol?

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do they make a match barrel for this pistol?

I'm not aware of one although I believe there was a group buy of TB P225 Barsto barrels made about 8 years ago or so back when the market was flooded with P6's...

I'm going to guess the trigger on the P225 is heavier than your P226 as that is a somewhat common statement. The trigger geometry is quite different from other SIG's. A lot of people run lighter mainsprings than stock on the P225, say maybe 18 pounds or so.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I haven't measured it but the trigger feels very good. I will measure.

I moved to 10 yards and still got "flyers" away from the main group when I feel like I'm doing everything the same. I guess I need to have another person shoot it.

posted Hide Post
I bought a KF date 225 in unfired mint condition for $375 about 13yrs ago. I sold it a few years later and I've always regretted it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3546 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P225 is at the top of my list for favorite Sigs. Carry mine often.

Posts: 9 | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post