SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sometimes the classics work .(model 10 S&W)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes the classics work .(model 10 S&W) Login/Join 
posted
Picked up a model 10 6 in barrel.

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats a classic and in really nice shape.

Within a weeks time recently, I picked up a 617 & 28-2, (both 4") and mint condition though not quite as earlier model as yours.

Shoots good, too. Very nice. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1934 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Well-done all-around - congrats!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
My M10-7 4" in nickel serves as my night stand protector.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nice find, Elmer. One of the few guns I regret letting go of was a Model 10.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Nice! I love my 4" 10-6 & my 3" 10-8 (both pre-lock).
It awfully hard to beat a model 10.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Most of the model 10s I see are beat to death PD trade-ins. Yours, however, is absolutely gorgeous, and a shooter to boot. Nice score!

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of the few things I can be proud of is being the son of one of the 'Chosin Few' I have my late father's S&W that he had strapped to his chest during that little 10 day skirmish. Here it is... one day I'm going to get it to the Marine Corps Museum.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what I started out carrying; S&W 10, and when I could afford it, a S&W 64 in stainless.

I don't have either one any more; they went when I changed jobs, and when I had to sell to pay for a new born.

Seems a long time ago, now.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 3 inch model 64 I got as a police trade in many years ago. It's my favorite revolver.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am not “an old guy” so to speak. I have yet to hit my 5th decade and I grew up with wonder nines and 80s hip fire on TV and the movies. I don’t say that to throw shade on “old guys” only to level set.

All that said not only is that awesome I submit that a well sorted six gun loaded with appropriate modern self defense ammo is just as viable a self defense piece as it ever was. I mean I wouldn’t want to drag it through the mud but for any practical civilian self defense use I would feel plenty well served with a good six gun at my side that I was comfortable with.

I like wheel guns but I was blessed with the “get off my lawn curmudgeon gene” at an early age so maybe that’s why. Smile.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Model 10. Never FTF, never complains, always goes bang. And on target, too.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun.

I got one of the new versions as a sort of commemorative of my first issued duty gun. If I were to collect just one type of handgun it could be the Model 10 in all of its variations.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
Beautiful gun.

I got one of the new versions as a sort of commemorative of my first issued duty gun. If I were to collect just one type of handgun it could be the Model 10 in all of its variations.

You would be at it a while there are dozens if not hundreds of model 10 variations ( not even including the pre model marked guns!)

As an aside, I find I shoot revolvers better than any other hand gun for accuracy.
At fifty yards one of the old beat up cop trade in model 10’s I had would shoot a less than 5” group, and the only gun I ever owned that could beat it was a hard fit les Baer and not by much ( in my hands anyway)
I miss the days of sub $200 police trade in model 10’s

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

My lgs owners has these as not for sale

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I would guess probably more bad guys have fallen to the S&W Model 10 during the last hundred years here in the U.S. than ANY other revolver. That, is a lot of bad guys.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
A couple years back I found a pristine example made in 1968. I searched for a while for one with a 4” pencil barrel and the round butt grip. Feels awesome in the hand. Very solid and smooth and the old Smith blueing is just something to behold.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love those Smiths. Have several and would not feel at a disadvantage in civilian situations with any of them. Great pics

Posts: 384 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Picked up a pre-model 10 in Feb '18. That seems so long ago. I suppose I'll shoot it someday.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t have any shiny like new examples of Model 10s. However I like the 3 old veterans that I own.

I don’t have to panic over incidental contact with something. Don’t get me wrong. I still don’t like for it to happen though. No matter the condition.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post