SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Custom works FCU ... with thumb safety?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom works FCU ... with thumb safety? Login/Join 
posted
Are there any plans for a thumb safety version that anyone is aware of? Thanks.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve bought two. For 44 bucks without looking hard you can add a safety, that’s what I do. This gun is a great candidate for a manual safety. 1 minute install. Seriously.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I’ve bought two. For 44 bucks without looking hard you can add a safety, that’s what I do. This gun is a great candidate for a manual safety. 1 minute install. Seriously.

You're talking about the P365 right?

My understanding is the P320 requires milling.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP here: Sorry ... I should have specified the P320. I wish it was as easy to add a MS to as the P365.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
There is a company called AB Prototype LLC that advertises the service to convert a standard FCU to a Manual Safety FCU for $199. Don't know of anyone who has gotten it done though on either a regular or Custom Works FCU.

https://www.abprototype.com/p3...l-safety-conversion/

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops my bad. I’ve moved on from my 320’s to 365’s so my mind just read 365 where it wasn’t there.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That raises one hell of a question, though - where in the hell are the 320 FCUs with manual safeties? Is there just no substantial demand for them or something?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

When AB Prototype was located in San Diego, CA area ~ I met Alex, the owner and looked at examples of his work. From what I remember, I think he has a machinist and/or engineering background ~ he's not just someone who tinkers with a CNC machine.

AB Prototype offers another service that only cuts out the P320 Fire Control Unit (FCU) to make room for the Manual Safety, that was $60. www.ABprototype.com/manual-safety-cut/

Having been thru Sig's P320 Armorer class, I acquired all the necessary Manual Safety parts and I installed them once the FCU cut was made by AB Prototype .

The Manual Safety functions smooth and crisp. Compared to a factory P320 with a Manual Safety, I cannot tell the difference from feel and since all of the parts are Factory OEM there is no difference in the look.

Having AB Prototype perform the Manual Safety cut on a CNC machine invalidates the Sig factory warranty.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
That raises one hell of a question, though - where in the hell are the 320 FCUs with manual safeties? Is there just no substantial demand for them or something?

On the Icarus web site, P365 grips with MS cutout are out of stock while the no MS grips are available to order. So I'm not the only one wanting the MS grip ... FWIW.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:

They're not sold separately from SIG but sellers are parting them out from new M17s and M18s and selling them on Gunbroker if people want them. They're overpriced though.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:

They're not sold separately from SIG but sellers are parting them out from new M17s and M18s and selling them on Gunbroker if people want them. They're overpriced though.

I wondered about that ... what the hell do they do the M17/M18 pistol with missing MS?

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
They sell the other parts as "Exchange kits" and they are also overpriced.

posted Hide Post
I can vouch for Alex and AB Prototype. I've had him do safety cuts on both Sig and Wilson Combat grip modules, and bought various parts from him, including a Custom Works FCU. Haven't had him add a safety to a P320 FCU (I have two M17's and a Compact M/S already), but if I needed to I would not hesitate to have him do the work.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post