SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Revolver love...pics please...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Revolver love...pics please... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
I've been enjoying Greg from Lionquest Fitness on YouTube. He gives revolvers some serious love. (And it's entertaining with some of his theatrics...).

I have to remember that people were well armed with revolvers at one time...

So I was playing with a new camera lens on my 640-1 from 1995. Posting a little revolver love...let's see yours!

I work on my other wheelguns in a bit...

Posts: 1956 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
You asked for it!

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2743 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Gotta love a good J-Frame. I qualified with my 640 today. Decided to run full-house .357 Mag for fun. Guys were coming in from other parts of the building to see what just blew up on the range, lol. My buddy shot a few slow-motion shots with his iPhone:

I have single-actions, big six-shot DA revolvers, and even a five-shot L-frame, but as a daily companion it's hard to beat a good J-Frame. These see quite a bit of use.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
How about a Ruger GP100...

And it's lesser known 'Royal Phoenix' brethren! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Para, Is that M27 3-1/2" in Nickel? A beautiful piece.
I bid on one several years ago but it quickly got out of my price range. Had to settle for a blue one.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2743 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^That is a purdy one there... Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, nickel. Made in 1950

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, nickel. Made in 1950

Amazing piece!

Posts: 1956 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1968, original owner.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My contradictory Gen X self loves him some revolvers. Big Grin Here is a little Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms for you. Big Grin

627PC and Tobacco

627PC 5 inch and a Ruger GP100 6 inch (Big Iron Big Grin)

Alcohol and Firearms....Some Ruger's

686 Plus and Tobacco

Couple of PC's 627 and 681

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7620 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m no photographer but I do love my revolvers, here’s a few of my favorites

Here’s a family picture of my Ruger Six Series guns. A 4” Security Six in .357, a 4” Speed Six in .38 and a 2 3/4” Speed Six in 9mm.

Here are my Ruger revolvers that are chambered in autoloading calibers, a RedHawk in .45 Colt/.45 ACP, a GP100 in 10mm and the Speed Six in 9mm again.

My newest additions, a 2” DASA and a 3” DAO Kimber K6s in .357 magnum. I’d argue that 3” deserves to be at the top of any list containing the greatest CCW revolvers created. It’s matte black with night sights, a 6 round chamber and cut so there are virtually zero snag points to catch in during a draw. It’s kind of ugly though.

Finally here’s a gun I’ve fallen in love with and is now my constant range companion, an older 3 screw Ruger Single Six. This gun has a nice bit of honest wear from a lot of years in a holster but was as clean as the day she was made when I found it. This gun was carried a lot and clearly loved by its previous owner.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I've always been able to spot when the Ruger SA frame has been opened up for a larger diameter cylinder. Low side cut almost to the serial number. The 500 Linbaugh is a give away with that inset cartridge case head. Is the stainless Bisley a Linbaugh or Bowen? The barrel band I believe was done by both. Nice sledge hammers cas. Oh and the grips on the stainless are beautiful.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

627PC

I love that gun.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
A trio of S&W Model 27s: five-inch Model 27-2, four-inch 27-3, and 3-1/2-inch 27-2.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The 27 has always sort have been on “my list” if you will. Those are awesome. Actually they all are in this thread. Smile

My PC627 2.5 inch is way more accurate than it should be. It just plain SHOOTS.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7620 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I'll have to get some pics of the others but here's my 625-3.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post