SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is E2 grip Thee thinnest option?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is E2 grip Thee thinnest option? Login/Join 
posted
For grips on a P229, or does Lok, or others have someting that competes?

Posts: 378 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It is the thinnest.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish LOK would start making P-series grips, but they said there was no plan to start. The E2 might be the thinnest, but the G10 grips on my 226 Legion feel better.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 378 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
I wish LOK would start making P-series grips, but they said there was no plan to start. The E2 might be the thinnest, but the G10 grips on my 226 Legion feel better.

I agree... my first P226 came with the E2 grips and I was surprised when I bought another P226 with factory grips how fat it was... did not like the feel or fit to my hand at all.... So I ordered some G10's... really hard to tell the difference and the G10s look a lot better if you are into the sort of thing.
(I've several sets of P226 factory grips if anyone is interested)

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinnest yeah, but there's more to the story. Some love 'em, some hate 'em.

I had E2's on my P226 and P229's. Until I discovered a grip sensitivity issue (for me). Small change in grip would give low shots. This is at speed from draw/fire holster use, not static slow fire conditions. Never had the problem with any other handgun.

Length of trigger reach was what I was trying to remedy. Solved the problem with G10 grips and GrayGuns Intermediate trigger. Both put the trigger finger closer to the contact point on the trigger face.

FWIW, the Sig OEM "Short Trigger" didn't work for me either. Lousy feel and pinched. Not to be confused with SRT (Short Reset Trigger) which is not a trigger at all.

Many other forum members have a dislike for E2's and "Short Triggers" as well. Individual thing, as many others also like them.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My p226 came with the E2's and i just wasnt a fan,bought a set of factory 2 piece in green and immediately knew they were going to stay on it.

Posts: 93 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
(I've several sets of P226 factory grips if anyone is interested)

Email sent.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the E2 grips as the angles seem to fit me better than the standard grips.

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Some like em and some don't. To me, they not only feel thinnest, their angle seems very similar to the feel of the P35 ("Browning") High Power. I like them.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah dont tell anyone but my legion 226 has E2s on it. Comfy and doesn't eat your fat under a shirt.

Posts: 3036 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a P226 Nitron with them, as the P226's with standard grips were TOO thick for my hand/fingers.

I am one of those who appreciates the E2 grip and short trigger. However, I use it for slow fire at range, for recreation. And, I haven't shot a Grey intermediate trigger.

I also put the E2 grips on my P220 Carry Elite Stainless- and the short trigger [and short reset in both].

Before anyone calls sacrilege on me for the elite- the area under the wooden grips had black pinholes eaten into the stainless from moisture. I recontoured the metal there and acid prepped it, then went with a tungsten cerakote for the frame, with black for all other parts. It now looks like the P226 in Pulicords picture above- except in 220 and with beavertail.

Pulicords- I agree about the grip feeling closer to the High Power- which is probably my favorite 9mm handgun [despite the takeup and reset length].

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 229 the factory grips didn't work well for me. I tried E2 grips. Thinner but didn't feel good in my hand.

I bought Hogue G10 extreme grips. I didn't actually measure the width, thickness. The Hogue grips I'll have to say are smaller. Could be the width (along the barrel axis) is less. My grip with these just feels better.

Not cheap but definitely worth the $$

"For grips on a P229, or does Lok, or others have someting that competes?"

Posts: 92 | Location: Spokane Washington | Registered: June 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Most of mine have the Hogue checkered aluminum grips.

Same dimensions as the G10 grips, but feel better.

I hope to get a few more Nills someday...

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post