Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.357 Sigless Login/Join 
posted
I started my love of all things .357Sig since buying my P229 in Nov of 1994. I thought Sig did an awesome thing by coming out with that round. Of course I thought they did an equally awful thing when they abandoned it. The P229 was followed many years later by a P239 and then about a year ago a P226.

I recently posted the .357Sig ammo, some P239 magazines and a p239 Lasermax for sale on this site. One forum member bought some of the ammo. What an awesome guy too. You can meet the nicest people on owners forums like this.

As of this afternoon, everything I have has been sold at the prices I asked for them. The P229, P226, every extra magazine, a .40S&W barrel for the P229, two Lasermax units and even a nos Galco P229 holster.

So, I'm now .357Sigless. And I'm fine with it. I haven't shot any of those Sigs in a while and I decided to remove that caliber from my inventory.

What now? Well, before I fell for the .357Sig, I fell for the .45acp with my first Sig purchase of a P220. I foolishly sold that P220 to a dear friend many years ago and it immediately became his favorite. So, I bought a P220ST (CPO) a few years ago and then a P220Compact. Between the two Sig options with the .45acp and the many options I have for both the .38Spl/.357Mag and .22LR, I'll be fine. As a matter of fact, I'll likely sell off 3 of my Ruger stainless Mark II's because they've taken a back seat to some other Ruger and Henry .22LR options I enjoy.

Life goes on and I'm glad to be able to move on with it.

Merry Christmas everyone.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
With ammo being non-existent locally, I've been debating picking up a 9mm upper/mags [how I originally bought it] for my P320

Enjoy 357Sig, but it's gotten really pricey when you do find it local, and it'd be considerably easier to stock up on 9mm right now.
And, I have 2 other 9mm at home, so some shared commonality would go a long way.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never owned nor gave a consideration to a 9mm because I had the 357Sig. Even now, I still don't have an interest to join the wondernine club.

From all the 'experts' on the subject, NATO rounds like the 9mm could be getting scarce in the US in 2024. Buy now while you can at prices you're good with paying.

Locally, for me anyway, .45acp and .357Mag are able to be purchased for what I consider decent prices. I follow the Tom Grisham method of buying ammo. A little here and their on a regular basis as opportunities present themselves.

A couple months ago I was in IN and they were selling all Sig branded ammo at 50% off. Yup, 50% off. And they had pallets of it. I asked how is this possible and why is it happening. They said the ammo orders they placed during the COVID scamdemic started showing up and they had to move it. I was at the same place only a few weeks ago and all Sig ammo was back to their normal high prices.

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

posted Hide Post
Have two 239s and a 229 in 357sig, love the round. I don’t shoot them that often, but luckily still have plenty to feed them. Ordered 1k of Speer lawman that was on back order back in 2021, and while it took just over a year to get it, they still only charged me the advertised price from their site. Great round imo that just never took off.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I need to watch the classifieds more often. At the very least I would have bought the LaserMaxs from you. Probably more than that though

I can not imagine being with out a firearm chambered for the 357SIG cartridge. Back in 93/94 I was working Dallas County and even though DPS did not "Offically" look at the cartridge until 1996, some of the guys I was buddies with were already talking about it and that is when I first fired the cartridge. I was hooked.

I have no desire to part with the cartridge and still carry it

I currently own three HKs, 7 Smith and Wessons and more than a dozen SIGs

I blow through thousands of rounds of 357SIG ammunition annually. Partially because whenever I host a SigForum member (or other shooting buddy) here in Florida we tend to go shoot my MP5/357 and we go through lots of ammo. I even run the 147s with a suppressor from time to time

Just yesterday at the range we were talking 357SIG with a new member that had never fired it. I will be bringing a S&W and SIG next Tuesday for him to try

These are the 357SIG firearms that I have photographs of on my computer.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
My first carry gun, and the one I still carry, is a P226R in .357SIG. I wish it hadn't fallen by the wayside so much, but I do reload my own.

At least I didn't abandon the caliber! Traitor. Razz

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Drool, that MP5 sure looks sweet

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are now three beautiful Sig's chambered in .357Sig that used to be taking up residence in my safe. Plus there are now several thousands of rounds of ammo available for their next owners to enjoy. I call those win/win scenarios.

The P239 went to a fellow SigForum member and some of the ammo did as well. Another win/win scenario for those two SigForum members and for me.

colt_ssa, I have two words for you: You Win !!!

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm headed that way eventually. Ammo is hard to get cheaply.

I'm down to my first, third and last 357SIG gun. I bought a USP Compact when they first came out and still have it. I still have my gen3 32 that I'll never part with and I bought back my duty weapon earlier this year (gen4 31).

All other 357sig guns I've had over the years were sold awhile ago.

I'm actually looking at my last two cases of 357 Ranger ammo. I'm giving one case to my retired chief tomorrow when I see him. (trading for an old M1)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those 357 Rangers are a hoot to shoot!

Posts: 158 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My problem is not only do I not believe in letting go of a gun... I still on occasion see one for sale that I want.... on top of that I decided a couple years ago that 357sig would be my defensive weapon caliber of choice.. but with that said.... I also discovered that it is not that hard to use 9mm for practice in the same Sig guns you have in 357 sig... and so I have both calibers and a few that will with simple change outs function with both.

As for ammo availability... my Ammo of choice for years has been Georgia Arms Bulk ammo mostly their remanufactured stuff in 30 cal ammo cans. They had a fire this past Summer and are still working on getting started and so you can't order on line from them... all out... but the interesting thing is they were at my local gun show this past weekend and I was able to pre-order both 9mm and 357 sig fmj ammo in bulk... I only picked up 500 rounds of 9mm and 250 rounds of the 357 and wish I had ordered more... but then that was a chore to carry out to the parking lot.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not trying to hijack the thread, but colt_saa is that a p224 in 357? I only discovered the p224 this year and both of mine are 9.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I am down to three guns in 357 Sig and still have a good stash of ammo. A P229ST that has a 40 & 357 barrel, an HK P2000, and HK P2000SK. I keep going through the process of dropping the cartridge and then have a change of heart. In fact I had the two HKs listed for sale but changed my mind and withdrew their listing. I’m still on the fence.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Most of my SIGs are LEO trade ins, mostly in .40 S&W. Several P226s and a few 229. Found these 4 on GB a few months ago at a price I couldn't turn down! All are for P229 in .357 SIG. 2 used and 2 new. I basically went from zero .357 SIG guns to 4 in one fell swoop!

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t have any 357Sig chambered guns right now and it is bothering me. I love the round hence my handle here on the forum. I have about 400 rounds of factory ammo for it and still have my dies and around 2,000 pieces of brass for it. I regret getting rid of my USPc in 357Sig. Great round and fun to shoot.

Posts: 4057 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TN Mark:

From all the 'experts' on the subject, NATO rounds like the 9mm could be getting scarce in the US in 2024.

What?? Esplain por favor

Posts: 693 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
Not trying to hijack the thread, but colt_saa is that a p224 in 357? I only discovered the p224 this year and both of mine are 9.
Absolutely YES

If you look closely into the ejection port in the picture above, you can see the SIG Factory Original barrel is clearly marked 357 SIG

They were introduced in January at the 2012 SHOT Show, my P224 SAS DAK was manufactured on January 11th (the week before SHOT) and my P224 SAS DA was manufactured on January 26th (the week after SHOT). I sold the DAK to a buddy. I just can not get used to that trigger

I have several P229 magazines with the X-grip spacer in place to use as my reloads when I am carrying

One of my friends at SIG was the design engineer on the project. He had a P224 in 40S&W with a Factory produced (no surprise) threaded barrel for use with his can. Obviously he built this for himself. A P224 Tactical was never offered

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I am down to three guns in 357 Sig and still have a good stash of ammo. A P229ST that has a 40 & 357 barrel, an HK P2000, and HK P2000SK. I keep going through the process of dropping the cartridge and then have a change of heart. In fact I had the two HKs listed for sale but changed my mind and withdrew their listing. I’m still on the fence.
My P2000SK is awesome

It is WAY more accurate than such a small gun has a right to be

I have had it since 2007 and could not part with it.

Like I do with many of the smaller pistols, I have the USPc/P2000 magazines with the X-Grip spacer as my reloads for when I carry

The spacer actually improves the feel of the pistol

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Colt saa:

Is that a S&W 3rd Gen pistol,5th pic down in .357 Sig?

I didn't know that such a wonderful beast existed.

Looks similar to a Shorty Forty!

Posts: 789 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Sure does. Colt let me shoot it once!

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Drool, that MP5 sure looks sweet

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post