SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P230 SL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P230 SL Login/Join 
posted
Hi all back again looking for advice saw one of these at my local place it is a JH date which matches my JH 226 should buy it for that reason lol. Never shot one of these or know much about them I have read it's a blow back system that's all I know besides that it looks sweet so was looking for feedback he is asking 450 looks to be in really good shape thanks in advance

Posts: 126 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They look nice, I owned one for maybe 3 years back in the 90s. Beautiful, heavy, no slide release and Euro mag release.

I never really warmed up to it beyond looks of it and it's not a great range gun either with the integral front sight.

If it's in good to great shape the price is fine.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good concealed carry piece. If I recall it is reasonably accurate, very well built and completely reliable.

The one thing to watch is proper grip - if you grip too high the slide can come back and “bite” in between the thumb and index finger. It happens quickly.

Magazines are pricy - $40 is a good price, they go up from there. Stainless are harder to come by, both stainless and black fit both models of guns.

Comparable to the Walther PPK or the HK4

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The SL is a beautiful example of the industrial arts because of the machining and finish. They are snappy to shoot. Parts may be a problem, if needed. I owned one for awhile, but moved on. If it will be a collection piece, go for it. If you intend to carry it, I say look elsewhere.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Buy it. I’ve shot the Stainless P230 a fair amount. The stainless is heavier than the blued and for me shot very nicely. I’ve had friends shoot it and afterward they talked about looking for one.

Posts: 445 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I just got Hogue grips for my 232 SL. Feels like a brand new gun. There are, perhaps, better options in today's 9mm, but it is just so damned classic.

Here it is with the stock grips:

Photo Dec 03, 11 50 08 AM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only pistol I’ve bought for looks. Not practical by today’s standards. Underpowered, oversized, direct blowback so stout recoil. But fixed barrel, so dead nuts accurate. And the SL is easy to refinish yourself if it’s kinda worn.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, reliable, accurate guns. As others have mentioned, grip is important or you will get bitten and Hogue grips are a must.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Great pistol. If the price is right, grab it. I like mine.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info I'm going to give it a good look this week and I'll keep you posted. It didn't seem to have any real marks on it just a few light handling marks what did you use to touch them up? Also no original box with it only one mag not sure if that would be a deal breaker for that price thanks again

Posts: 126 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post