SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinion Piece: Sig Needs Some Partnerships For Legion Holsters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion Piece: Sig Needs Some Partnerships For Legion Holsters Login/Join 
Picture of Dahkness
posted
I will preface this with my admitting, that I could very easily have a custom holster made, for those models that are unable to fit a widely available holster.

This isn't meant to be a complaining post, but more of a getting a feeling from the community. I own several of the Legion line and they are not safe queens. I purchase everything in my life with the intent to use. So when the Legion line was introduced with the promise of creature comforts and superior craftsmanship, I was willing to shell out the extra cash. What I did not expect, was a complete lack of "accessory" support. I like quality, useful, items like holsters for my line of work and to train the way I fight.

I understand that police and military aren't being issued Legions, and that the SAO series probably falls under the category of "boutique", but I'd still expect the overall dimensions of the firearm to remain consistent with the non-legion variants. With the Legion community being a big part of the proposed appeal of owning firearms of this series, wouldn't it make sense for Sig to partner with a vendor or two to ensure our premium firearms have the same, if not superior selection of accessories?

My personal experience with asking about availability of items, like holsters, to Sig directly was effectively, "we don't make blank, you bought it, figure it out". To date the only service holster I've managed to find is a Safariland 6365 ALS for my P220 Legion SA/DA.

Let me know if I am out of line, or have too high of expectations. Alternately, if you have any suggestions for duty holsters for SAO firearms, I'd love to hear it.

"Accuracy through volume!"

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 22, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, it isn't a duty holster but when SIG introduced the P229 Legion in late 2015, they partnered with BlackPoint Tactical for a holster and magazine carrier.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dahkness
posted Hide Post
I remember that. I just ever would have guessed the SAO range would have ended up being such a novelty that this and the Mitch Rosen holsters would be the only options.

"Accuracy through volume!"

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 22, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Is it possible that you are overly concerned about the difference between the two? Every P229 holster I own fits a Legion. None were purchased specifically for the Legion.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I got bit by the Legion marketing too... but have not really wanted a Legion holster but you never can tell... My problem is I would prefer leather.

SAO Legion P226 was my Holy Grail and specifically in 357 Sig... I actually found one in 9mm last year and already had a 357 upper.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post