SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new Hellcat 9mm - Range review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new Hellcat 9mm - Range review Login/Join 
Picture of redlickranch
posted
Picked up a new Hellcat on Friday and was able to take it to the range on Saturday. I have been going between my Sig 245 and a 9mm Shield for carry purposes. I thought the Hellcat would be cool to carry 13 + 1 in such a small size. Pistol came with two mags and they are pretty tough to load after 3 rounds without using the loading tool. I really like the bright front sight and it was easy for my old eyes to pick up. I actually really like the U rear sight set up a little better than a 3 dot set up. I ran 50 rounds through the pistol with no issues. Groups were not bad for me, but I did shoot my shield better accuracy wise. Pistol is smaller and lighter than my Sig 245, but the Sig fits my hand really well and I just like it. Trigger on the Hellcat is pretty good and recoil was not bad for the size of the gun. You are able to make follow up shots pretty fast with all three of them. Overall I like it, but will want to practice with it a bit more before I carry it. I paid $569 plus tax for it, but was able to use up a gift card that helped out.

Here is how the three size up next to each other.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1052 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like mine also. It has replaced my Kahr K9 Elite for Summer carry. Really like the increased capacity.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I recently read a review where they literally put 20,000 rounds of (donated Federal American Eagle 124gn through one of these. I was impressed by their supposed wrist strength and determination.

This link wasn't the one I read, but it's that pistol and also helps explain where the 9mm is going:-) https://www.gunsandammo.com/ed...unds-counting/378509

Thanks for the post.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Interesting. I recently read a review where they literally put 20,000 rounds of (donated Federal American Eagle 124gn through one of these. I was impressed by their supposed wrist strength and determination.

This link wasn't the one I read, but it's that pistol and also helps explain where the 9mm is going:-) https://www.gunsandammo.com/ed...unds-counting/378509

Thanks for the post.
Even at $0.50 a round thats a lot of donation.

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post