SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MY THREE NEW TISAS GUNS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MY THREE NEW TISAS GUNS Login/Join 
posted
In the last three weeks, I have picked up three new Tisas 1911 guns which went to the range today.

(Stingray, commander size, alloy frame, 9mm)

124 ball and 148 hp ammo, fed perfectly with issued 9 rd mags. Great group at 10 yards.

(Tank commander and Model 1911 A1 US ARMY)

These are all all steel guns, no MIM parts, excellent triggers, and very accurate)

Aftermarket grips on the full size 1911 and stock grips on the Stingray and Tank Commander.

All three of these guns have trigger pulls better than my Springfield Armory Mil Spec 1911. They are every bit as good as my DW Guardian .38 Super.

Paid about $350 each for the full size and Tank Commander. Paid $550 for the Stingray 9mm. These are fantastic guns not only at this price point but really at any price point.

Trooper Joe.

Posts: 425 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the full size Gov model in 45 maybe 4 yrs bak and it has been flawless , I am getting another one as soon as I find it Gov model , park finish , marked United States Property , they are a new real close GI clone .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Nice, I just picked up a U.S. Army replica for $349 when PSA had a sale on them last month. It came with real wood grips and two Mec-gar mags. I walked away with it for under $400 including tax and shipping and I got a dealer who doesn’t charge me transfer fees. I’m planning on taking it to the range this week.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I also have 3

US Army Replica Fullsize (Paid $220 for it).

Raider (copy of Colt M45A1)

Devil Ray (B45B) Commander sized with bobtail and steel frame.

All have been excellent shooters.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I keep toying with the idea of one of those GI clones. I had to send "my" Remington Rand back to the LESO people, and my Garands have been kind of lonely ever since. I'm glad to hear that they work...I was initially quite skeptical. I may just need to pony up and get one.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I have a B45 Carry that I added their $20 wood grips to and a Wilson flat trigger.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’m impressed with the things I’m reading about the Tisas line - thank you for this post!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Impressive groups at 30'! Thanks for sharing!

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been really happy with my TISAS U.S. 1911A1 clone. They seem to be an incredible value, and everyone I know who owns one is happy they bought theirs.

Posts: 154 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the A1 Service .45 at the beginning of the year and to date it's been a veritable rock star. Great trigger, shoots with excellent accuracy; how a pistol this inexpensive can be this good is a bit mind-blowing. Sure the recreated 1911A1 sights suck for my decades-old eyes, but it's a homage to the past. If there's any downside that I didn't know going in (and I'm not sure that it really is), they use Cerakote rather than Parkerizing to achieve the look of the finish. That to me isn't a bad thing given how easy it is to scuff and scratch a Parkerized surface as I'd done with my long-departed SA Brazilian Loaded, but some folks might like and/or prefer the more authentic finishing technique.

Turkish shotguns have long been something of a mixed bag when it comes to quality and reliability. As a dealer we've had plenty of histrionics and customer frustration with them. But of late they seem to do handguns a fair sight better. I thoroughly enjoy each and every Canik that I own, and the Tisas 1911s have garnered gobs of praise and respect across the gun world. And Girsan is doing with the P35 platform what Tisas has done with the 1911. Good times, and from all places, Turkey...er...Türkiye (at least when it comes to handguns, I'll pay the nation some deserved respect).

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a HiPower clone made by Girsan and am quite pleased. I have also handled a polymer striker fired Tisas PX9 that looks very, very similar to the Springfield XD (except that the Tisas has a much better trigger). I agree that the "Ottomans" are making some nice handguns!

IMO: I see Walther influence in some of the Canik designs and XD influence (using Sig 226 mags) in the Tisas PX9 design. Of course, my Girsan looks like a Hi-power clone. One wonders about patent infringement issues...

Btw,does anyone know if there is any parts interchangeability between the Tisas striker fired gun and the XD??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mike28w,

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are certainly gaining popularity quickly.

Congrats on your purchases...

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently posted this about my Girsan compact “PI” model. All parts interchange perfectly with my Browning and FEG HiPower guns.

Thanks to Girsan, they have recently brought to us an almost perfect sample of what an edc BHP should be in the form of their compact “PI” model. I have had this for several months and it just keeps getting better and better, really smoothing out.

This photo shows my favorite carry magazine with the “mouse trap” eject system. This original Browning 13 round magazine is also coated which really smoothes out the trigger pull (I am leaving in the mag disconnect system). The back up mag is the 15 round MecGar mag that came with the gun.

Posts: 425 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I took my Tisas to the range today and couldn’t be happier. I fired just over 200 rounds of mixed .45 from various manufacturers, both 230 and 185gr, through various magazines and it functioned perfectly. I’m very happy with this gun and am definitely going to get a couple different versions of their 1911s. I have a feeling the price on these is going to climb as word gets out.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still haven't fired a Tisas Duty I bought last year, but I did tear it apart and was impressed with the fit and finish for the price paid.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've been wanting a range toy 1911 for a long time. With the price of .45, I put it off as totally impractical. Honestly, for a no-frills "it's a 1911," this one really has my eye. I have a really clean 1943 Remington-Rand, so this is something I could shoot plenty and not worry about cracking a lead dipped slide.

A friend is telling me to hold out for a bit since they're going to start doing them parkerized instead of cerakote. That's an improvement in my book.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have some interest in the Stingray. Just curious as to where you got it?

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I have some interest in the Stingray. Just curious as to where you got it?

Kentucky Gun Co. Great place to do business with.

Trooper Joe

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I ordered one this morning from PSA.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to have one of the Tisas “tank commanders”. Excellent groupings. Very nice.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post