SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MY THREE NEW TISAS GUNS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MY THREE NEW TISAS GUNS Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The revised versions of the "Issued" series have some pre-production samples popping up. They're parkerized, and they went with plastic repros of the bakelite grips. Left side of the frame still has "Tisas Knoxville, TN" on it, but if they move that to the bottom of the dust cover for the full production examples, I think they'd have a better repro of a WWII 1911A1 than anyone else on the market, at least for sure anywhere near that price point. I will be buying one of these in 9mm for sure.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...ts2.cfm/ID/291238#gd

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a difference between a Tisas .45 1911A1 and a gun advertised as a Tisas Zig .45 1911A1? If so what?

Age?
Different product line?
Enhanced features?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The older I get the more I find I'm gravitating back to the firearms I was familiar with during my younger days. Lately the only pistol on the market that has me interested enough to purchase is the Girsan PI that Trooper Joe posted about (thanks for the pics.!). I think it's mainly because I wanted one of those shorter High Powers way back when but couldn't afford it when I was able to find one so I buried that desire for all these years... until now when a good working copy is now available and affordable.

With this thread about the Tisas 1911s, there is now just one other pistol in the galaxy of selection that piques my interest. That Tank Commander has me in its spell. I already have a really nice Colt Series 70 and a Randall so it's not like I can't get a 1911 fix when I want, but that model calls to me. Don't know why - it's just a little bit shorter in the barrel and slide is all. There's just something about Mary...

Many thanks for this thread, Joe - even if it's going to cost me some money. Smile

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
The older I get the more I find I'm gravitating back to the firearms I was familiar with during my younger days. Lately the only pistol on the market that has me interested enough to purchase is the Girsan PI that Trooper Joe posted about (thanks for the pics.!). I think it's mainly because I wanted one of those shorter High Powers way back when but couldn't afford it when I was able to find one so I buried that desire for all these years... until now when a good working copy is now available and affordable.

Fwiw....I owned one of the original FM90 Detectives years ago.... didn't really like it much and traded it off fairly quickly. Recently I purchased a Girsan P.I. and am finding that I like it much better than the original. It's going to be a keeper for me. YMMV, of course! mike

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
Is there a difference between a Tisas .45 1911A1 and a gun advertised as a Tisas Zig .45 1911A1? If so what?

Age?
Different product line?
Enhanced features?

I’m not sure if there are any differences. Mine is marked as such:

The barrel is marked “.45 ACP”. The right side of the slide is marked “Model 1911A1 U.S. Army” the left side of the frame is marked “Tisas Knoxville TN” along with the serial number, and underneath the frame is marked “ZIG M1911 TURKIYE”.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:

Age?
Different product line?
Enhanced features?

I’m not sure if there are any differences. Mine is marked as such:

The barrel is marked “.45 ACP”. The right side of the slide is marked “Model 1911A1 U.S. Army” the left side of the frame is marked “Tisas Knoxville TN” along with the serial number, and underneath the frame is marked “ZIG M1911 TURKIYE”.

Thanks for the information Pale Horse. Do you like yours?

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

I like it a lot actually. I haven’t taken it to the range after that first trip but I really think it’s an incredible value. I mean I could probably piece this gun out for more than I paid for it if I wanted to.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ If you don’t mind Pale Horse, please provide another range report when you take it again. If I ever get any more gun funds, I will be looking for one of these Tisas .45s.

Thanks in advance.

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I bought the Tisas 1911A1 "Service Special" a few months back and really like it. It has been flawless so far, and for $329.00 plus tax, it was a no-brainer for me!

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
My Stingray arrived at the LGS this morning. The owner was impressed with it. It looks good and is tight. I will get it Friday.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought my step son a service special on Sunday. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. He’s 22 and instead of falling for all the latest and greatest, he’s come to appreciate revolvers and 1911s etc as I do. He’s a good boy and does a lot for his mama so I don’t even think twice about getting him stuff like this. Im looking forward to him getting to shoot it, it’s really well put together GI type 1911. Im holding out for the railed Colt clone .45 as I’ve always wanted one but could never afford it

Posts: 456 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I shot the Stingray this morning and I am impressed. My first 50 rds were Blazer aluminum and the next50 were Blazer brass. No malfunctions of any kind. I did take it apart before firing and put grease on the rails.

I very much enjoyed shooting it and like the way it handles.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One wonders about patent infringement issues...

I don't know how much detail copying is in the striker guns, but the 1911 and BHP patents have long expired. The best example I know of is the Glock knockoffs. They are all Gen 3, Gen 4 and 5 have more recently patented features and are still protected.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Took the Stingray out Wednesday for the third time and still not problems at all.

I really shot it well and greatly enjoyed it.
I am wondering if anyone makes a larger slide release for it?