SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    US made P226 X-Five STAS vs the German X-Five Facettes - Part 1 // *Update* - Part 2 (11/11/22)- Shooting report in OP
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US made P226 X-Five STAS vs the German X-Five Facettes - Part 1 // *Update* - Part 2 (11/11/22)- Shooting report in OP Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A few updates in OP.

Q

Posts: 26351 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great report (with shooting update) Q.

Despite being a P226 X5 owner, I’m baffled by the term “facettes”. Does it refer to a particular X5 model?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It’s a Mastershop Special Edition. Some of them are spectacular, other are Rainbow Titanium hideous.

Also in regards to the update, according to Hogue, their X5 grips on their website will fit both German and US X5 models.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Thanks for the great report (with shooting update) Q.

Despite being a P226 X5 owner, I’m baffled by the term “facettes”. Does it refer to a particular X5 model?

The Facettes is the exact X-Five model you see in this thread, with the quartz crystal cuts on the slide, trigger guard's front and the grip's front strap. SIG DE made only 25 of this model. The above Facettes is even more special is that, it is one of two or three that were original design samples that did not translate into final production guns. The original design has different roll marks, but the most prominent one is the Mastershop logo on top of the slide that is absent from the final production gun. And, the final production gun has "SIG SAUER" on the left side of the slide instead of the usual "XFIVE". Quite odd.

quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Also in regards to the update, according to Hogue, their X5 grips on their website will fit both German and US X5 models.

Did Ken actually say this? They must have made some revisions internally, because I have their Rev D X5 SAO grips, and they definitely do not fit the US X5, either with or without the jet funnel installed. Too much material that needs to be cut out in order to fit, and I'm not willing to take a chance to ruin the grips.

Q

Posts: 26351 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I asked a question on their website and got a reply from Mandy Gheza saying they were interchangable.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I would go to Ken directly.

Q

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Something else cool is that Armory Craft has their one piece takedown levers back in stock:

https://www.armorycraft.com/pr...sport-takedown-lever

It’s not a 2 piece design like the factory, it’s barstock instead of MIM, and does have a small ledge for your support thumb which isn’t obnoxiously huge like the propane lever of another brand and more tasteful than the one on the STAS.