SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question for P226 DA/SA Legion Owners Regarding Decocking Safety
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for P226 DA/SA Legion Owners Regarding Decocking Safety Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

I recently purchased a new SIG Sauer P226 DA/SA Legion, and I've got a minor concern about the decocking safety.

I don't own any other SIG's, but I own several other semi-autos, all with similar decocking safety's (Walther ppk/s, Taurus PT38S, etc.), and they all actuate (or decock), immediately upon downward depression of the decocking lever.

However, the decocking mechanism on this particular (new) P226 Legion, does not actuate until the decocking lever is actually fully "released" from it's downward depression. In other words, it must first be fully depressed downward, and then fully released upwards, before it actuates.

Is this normal behavior for SIG Sauers? In other words, was it designed this way? Or is this likely to be a one-off manufacturing flaw with this particular pistol??

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin.

Posts: 30 | Location: USA | Registered: January 24, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It's definitely not the snap decock like a PPK or Beretta 92
Been a while since I've handled a DA/SA Sig, but remember it being a sort of staged decock, where it starts the hammer down as the decocker pushes down & finishes its travel on the upswing of the decocker.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Totally normal. You have let go of the decocker, before the hammer can go down.

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
It's definitely not the snap decock like a PPK or Beretta 92
Been a while since I've handled a DA/SA Sig, but remember it being a sort of staged decock, where it starts the hammer down as the decocker pushes down & finishes its travel on the upswing of the decocker.

Thanks for your response, and funny you should mention the Beretta. I had a 92F back in the mid 80s, and yes, it behaved very much like the ppk/s, with an immediate or "snap" decock. This P226 Legion does not, and to be honest, I prefer the "snap" type of decock, but I'm encouraged to hear that perhaps it was designed to function this way, rather than perhaps being a manufacturing flaw.

So thanks again for responding.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin.

Posts: 30 | Location: USA | Registered: January 24, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Totally normal.

Excellent! That's what I was hoping to hear.

Many thanks.

Benjamin Franklin.

posted Hide Post
Enjoy your new 226 Legion, mine is my favorite Sig!

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MoosehornMan:
Enjoy your new 226 Legion, mine is my favorite Sig!

Thank you!

Like I said earlier, it's my only Sig, and other than the decocker concern (which now sounds like it's not really an issue), it has operated flawlessly. So I guess we'll see as the weeks and months go by. All-in-all, it could we'll become my go-to.

Benjamin Franklin.