SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Mk 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mk 25 Login/Join 
posted
Been wanting one of these for a while, and finally picked this up off layaway a few days ago. At one time (IIRC) the Mk 25 was the only SIG handgun with a chromed barrel. Is that still the case or do other guns have this feature now?

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the M11-A1 also are chrome lined

Posts: 203 | Location: missouri | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Factory chrome lined barrels are available from SIG.
I put this one together using a .40 S&W P226 Stainless Elite frame, and added a Nitron finished 9mm top end. I also have a .357SIG barrel that works in the natural stainless .40 slide.
One frame, two slides, three barrels/calibers.
Just because I could, I added the 9mm chrome lined barrel.
Since this photo was taken, I've added the Hogue/GrayGuns G-10 grips, and moved these Hogue black checkered G-10 grips over to another P226.

That is a nice looking MK-25! Congratulations!

IMG_20211116_143852576 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20211116_143435183 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1545 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. I stand corrected.

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The M11-A1 used to have CL barrel. No longer is that the case. The Combat models (P220, 226, 229) all had CL barrels, but they are no longer in production.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I was able to find one a few years ago and thought it was neat to chase down a variant I couldn't get otherwise.

Looks good! Let us know your thoughts and how it shoots.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The M11-A1 used to have CL barrel. No longer is that the case. The Combat models (P220, 226, 229) all had CL barrels, but they are no longer in production.

Thanks for that info...I always wondered why Sig was selling the P226 Combat as something 'different', I thought it was just a different frame/slide finish and FDE grips, another 'paint on performance' gimmick. I didn't know they had CL barrels.

Make sense now why those with threaded barrels go for more on the aftermarket than the standard model.

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post