SIGforum
Service Satisfaction

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9430098494

September 18, 2022, 12:34 PM
Samps
Service Satisfaction
About 600 rounds into my new P322 I tired of the slide's failure to lock back on an empty magazine. I tried various brands of 40 grain ammo, mostly high velocity loads from CCI, Winchester and Aguila, and some standard velocity/target stuff from Federal and Fiocci. Only the Fiocci would lock the slide back when empty. I called Sig customer service and received an RMA and mailing label.
My pistol was returned to me in seven days! Sig had replaced the slide catch and mainspring.
The P322 slide is now performing normally, 90+% of the time. CCI Mini Mags, to my surprise, still fail to lock the slide back. The other brands, including Remington Golden hollow points, are functioning perfectly.
Ammo sensitivity is an issue I can accept with rimfire arms. Thanks to Sig for their quick repair and turn around time. I'm impressed.
September 18, 2022, 12:54 PM
TheFrontRange
That’s a speedy turnaround time - nice!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
September 18, 2022, 01:19 PM
Nipper
Thanks. Good to hear.

I've never had any repairs or reliability issues with my Sigs. Over the years, I've sent in six slides for bead blasting. Also, recently, had the "Voluntary Upgrade" done on my P320C 9mm and P320FS .40 X-Change. Every time both SIG CS and turnaround was excellent.

I always go out of my way to give good CS feedback. My late wife was in CS for Pfizer. She always told me to say good things about GOOD CS. Usually, all they get is complaints.

For younger folks out there, I was around buying a lot of S&W revolvers during their "Golden YearsRoll Eyes " in the Seventies. They were then owned by Bangor Punta (ugh). Half the time I would have to send the guns back under warranty. Good news is they always corrected the problem. Bad news is turnaround time was 3-4 MONTHS. Eventually, I gave up. Bought a lot of gunsmithing tools from Brownell's and learned to fix them myself.

September 18, 2022, 03:26 PM
Samps
Nipper, same experience. S&W currently has my new-under-warranty Model 66 revolver which was shooting unacceptably high, beyond limits of the rear sight adjustment. They've had it for a month. Haven't heard a word, other than notice that it was received.