SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mechtech uppers for Glocks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mechtech uppers for Glocks Login/Join 
posted
I just became aware of Mechtech PCC uppers for Glocks. I don't own a Glock and may never use it as a pistol. Should I buy a pistol and sell the extra parts? Find a used lower? Blow this off as the dumbest idea ever? Tried posting this in the rifle topic page with only one reply. Glock sites have been of no use. If this idea works out what lower be best?

Posts: 141 | Location: Ma. | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No
Maybe
Maybe
Glock

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Sample of one:

Someone at work bought it awhile back and had nothing but issues. I can't remember what, but he ended up getting rid of it.

RUN is my opinion.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I considered one when I owned a G20 in hopes of taking advantage of 10mm ballistics from a long barrel.
I passed when reliability issues seemed common.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for about seven years now. I can't think of when it malfunctioned in any way.

I keep it cleaned and oiled regularly and have a Gen2 lower that I use with it all the time.

The Gen2 22 lower works best for me as it has no rail or finger grooves (plus it was free).

The standard and extended magazines work fine.

Mine is in 357 Sig. What caliber(s) are you thinking about?

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
What Yooper says.

I could only see getting something like this for the G20.

Otherwise, Ruger PCC or such.

Reliability issue negates the whole concept IMO.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BillyBonesNY,

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evening:
I concur with .38supersig. I've had an older 10mm MECH TECH for a while now and haven't had any issues with it. Just needs to be cleaned and oiled.

It's never once hiccupped or given me any problems. It's a decent vehicle/brush gun and compatible with my EDC.

While my Glock 20 frame wasn't free, it was pretty close.

BD

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 23, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one in .40 for a G22 frame. I bought it used about 7-8 years ago and haven't regretted it. While I can't say if it had any issues before I got it, it's however been utterly reliable during my time with it.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I guess you should know what's best for you. just saying!

Posts: 22 | Registered: September 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post