SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can't Stay Away From The Kahrs!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't Stay Away From The Kahrs! Login/Join 
Picture of tomsem
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I may have to order and try these. I was thinking that the spring is what might make it feel a little sub-quality.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by tomsem:

Magazines seem like they could have a better quality to me but they function and are well designed guns overall.

I believe Kahr makes their own mags unlike the majority of other gun makers who farm that out, even Keltec IIRC uses Mec-Gar to make theirs. It's the springs that I think are the problem, they are known to not be the best out there.

I find them REALLY hard to load for some reason but the Magguts kits are a game-changer. Adds one round with just a new spring and follower they made. I'm a big fan of them and I'm hearing they actually improve the reliability of the Kahr mags that way in addition to giving you the +1 without adding an extension.

Posts: 92 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I had a very difficult time justifying (talking myself into buying) replacing my CM9 that has been my pocket carry pistol for 10yrs.
But I just bought the P365 as they’re all but identical in overall size.
But the 365 just doesn’t draw from my pocket as smoothly.
It doesn’t inspire confidence in drawing from the pocket as yet and that may be due to the more aggressive texturing on the 365.
So I’m going to practice more with it to see if it changes but that said I still love the Kahrs.
My wife couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with her CW9 , the long trigger pull screwed with her. I bought a G43 when they came out & was unimpressed. She shot the center out of her target with it so it’s hers.
I’m still getting cozy with the 365 but I don’t think I’ll ever sell my Kahrs.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
How does the trigger on a P290 compare to Kahr's? They're both DAO.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
How does the trigger on a P290 compare to Kahr's? They're both DAO.

I don't know about the trigger pull on a P290, but I can tell you that the Kahr pull is almost identical to a P220 DAO that I had slicked up and lightened by a gunsmith.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a rare T9. Don't think it has even been broken in. The only thing I do not like about the Kahr's is the sharp edges on the trigger guard. I wish they were rounded somehow. Cut into my fingers.

Posts: 59 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
I've always loved my Kahr P9. I've tried the G43, G43X, G48, all the P365's and I always come back to the P9. Smile

I want to get some of those MagGuts internal kits for my mags but they are $$$!!! Eek

Posts: 2680 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
I inherited a MK40, steel frame. It’s like carrying a neutron star in my pocket.

Shoots fine though.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Always liked the design and feel of those micros. I like the classic magazine style too.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a K9. Traded it. I have a T9. Beautiful gun. I do not like the sharp edges on Kahr metal trigger guards. Wish the sharp edges were smoothed out some.

Posts: 59 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man asonie, touching off a MK40 must be like setting off an M80 in your hand! Sounds like an experience that you won't forget.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
I have had a bunch of them over the years. 9, 40 and 45. If you want huge treat for yourself, put 50 rounds through a PM40. Holy crap! There isn’t enough gun to hold onto with that little guy. Anyway, after a while the only ones left are a K9 Elite and MK9 Elite. Love those guns. I shoot the MK9 as well as any gun I have. If I could find a T9 at the right price, I’d add it to the collection. The only one I regret getting rid of was the P380. Great little pocket gun but I can’t justify the money they cost to replace it.

The 45s were given to my cousin the 40s and polymer frame 9s were sold off. I love the stainless 9s though. They “point” well for me and the triggers are terrific. I guess I like them because I usually EDC a DA revolver and the trigger has the same feel. Anyway, just my 2 cents. Great thread!

*edit*

I have recently picked up a few P365s. The SAS with a flush 10 rnd mag is about the same size as the MK9 and the 365XL with flush 12 rnd mag is about the same size as the K9.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
The PM9 has been one of my favorite deep carry guns for a long time. It shoots and carries great. I've always had one in the lineup over the years. I also like the P380 and carry one when I'm even more scantily clad and need the smallest I can go with. Big Grin

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The gun world has moved on, and Kahr is where it has been for a looooong time. They need to figure out how to do a double stack PM/CM 9 without a substantial width increase if they want to have any hope of staying competitive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
The P9 I got over Memorial Day weekend has quietly become one of my favorite guns. It has given me new appreciation & respect for DAO.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
The gun world has moved on, and Kahr is where it where it has been for a looooong time. They need to figure out how to do a double stack PM/CM 9 without a substantial width increase if they want to have any hope of staying competitive.

As much as I like my Kahr, I have to agree w/ this. Another thing is outside of their C-series budget line, they are not competitively priced, and they don't have the reputation of someone like HK to be commanding the prices they ask. I got a good deal on my P9 used; no way would I have paid new price for it.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
The gun world has moved on, and Kahr is where it has been for a looooong time. They need to figure out how to do a double stack PM/CM 9 without a substantial width increase if they want to have any hope of staying competitive.

Or maybe they know what they have works and don't need to go crazy with double stack magazines and all that trendy stuff.

Isn't the average civilian self defense shooting over in something like 2-3 seconds and 2 shots?

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm talking about new gun sales. What are people buying now? We've seen most of the big brands follow SIG in introducing double stack micro 9s. They wouldn't be doing this if they weren't selling.

We just came through a period when anything that went bang was stripped off the gun store shelves as soon a it was put out. As sales levels return to something approaching normal. We'll have to see Which guns will get bought, and which guns gather dust.

Of course, the companies don't publish model sales numbers, so we'll never know for sure. This would be where it would be nice if some of our gun store guys would chime in, and give us the boots on the ground view.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Or maybe they know what they have works and don't need to go crazy with double stack magazines and all that trendy stuff.

Isn't the average civilian self defense shooting over in something like 2-3 seconds and 2 shots?

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm talking about new gun sales. What are people buying now?

For us the micro double-stack 9s dominate. P365, Shield Plus and Hellcat in that order. The MAX-9 hasn't been doing very well for us and we haven't had the new Taurus in yet though we've had plenty of requests about it. For all others, Glocks still dominate but HK and CZ would do well if only they could ship them in decent quantity. The PDP sells pretty well for a largish gun but after the initial rush, they're also now being pushed aside by the micro 9 crowd.

EDIT: I forgot to add that sales for single-stack poly guns are in the tank. Aside from the occasional G43 and Shield EZ, everything else in this class collects dust for us.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
A CM9 just replaced my G26 for daily carry. I wanted something smaller, thinner, and lighter. 150 rounds and flawless so far.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG P365 or HK P30SK are my most frequent carry guns but I grabbed the K9 today after seeing so many responses here. I think about selling it and my T9 sometimes but I don’t think I ever will.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Do you carry Kahr? If so, how are the selling?

quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
I'm talking about new gun sales. What are people buying now?

For us the micro double-stack 9s dominate. P365, Shield Plus and Hellcat in that order. The MAX-9 hasn't been doing very well for us and we haven't had the new Taurus in yet though we've had plenty of requests about it. For all others, Glocks still dominate but HK and CZ would do well if only they could ship them in decent quantity. The PDP sells pretty well for a largish gun but after the initial rush, they're also now being pushed aside by the micro 9 crowd.

EDIT: I forgot to add that sales for single-stack poly guns are in the tank. Aside from the occasional G43 and Shield EZ, everything else in this class collects dust for us.