SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The newest P365 XMacro, non-comped, new mag well for LE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The newest P365 XMacro, non-comped, new mag well for LE Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
But HK people call it a jet funnel. I don’t see any airplanes though.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Calling a mag funnel a mag well is alike calling a magazine a clip.

I don't see the parallel there at all but I see what you're saying otherwise. I still don't like mag funnel though. I think I'm going to go with magwell extension instead. Or maybe extended magwell. Magwell flare?... I'll get back to you.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"Mag well skirt."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would probably buy that slide combo by itself. I have no use for the Macro frame with skirt, funnel, or magwell skirt jet funnel scooper.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
For a carry gun, it looks like it would print quite a bit. That grip is way too long.

I can’t find the picture I took at the moment but I put my 43 with pinky extension mag on top of the Macro and the grip was only a hair longer.

I am pretty sure It’s smaller than a 19 and folks carry those all day long.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have put my Macro on top of my G19 and lengthwise it is basically the same. It is a lot thinner though. Whatever your G19 prints this will print less.

Picture of UCPOPO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I have put my Macro on top of my G19 and lengthwise it is basically the same. It is a lot thinner though. Whatever your G19 prints this will print less.

I agree. One thing I’ve noticed about this new Macro is the trigger feels a lot better then my older 365. It definitely has a more positive reset as well.

Posts: 655 | Location: OKLAHOMA | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree. One thing I’ve noticed about this new Macro is the trigger feels a lot better then my older 365. It definitely has a more positive reset as well

Interestingly, the guy who has the macro that I shot also had and older gen 1 basic p365. We tried swapping the FCU from that one into the macro grip module, and it was binding against something...to the point that the trigger wouldn't reset. Something clearly changed.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe and maybe not. The Wilson Combat modules are tighter than factory. They even send a note telling you how to deal with that tightness. My Macro went into aWC module the same as the other 5. Your example might just have been “off” slightly. My Macro fcu also feels roughly the same as the others.

Picture of ffhounddog
posted Hide Post
I have an issue, I ordered two standards then saw one of the suppressor sighted ones now do I have 3 or not get that third. I did trade my XL slide for a macro comped slide so I could make one of each versions.

Posts: 311 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UCPOPO:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Why LE only? Totally stupid. Roll Eyes

I’m not sure on that. I’m guessing it won’t stay LE only for long.

Per SIG CS earlier today, the rest of us are still expected to gather the parts and assemble our own. "Maybe next year".

Chingao.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by UCPOPO:
quote:
Why LE only? Totally stupid. Roll Eyes

I’m not sure on that. I’m guessing it won’t stay LE only for long.

Per SIG CS earlier today, the rest of us are still expected to gather the parts and assemble our own. "Maybe next year".

Chingao.

Wonder what the reasoning behind this is?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They make more money by selling it by the piece!!!!!!

Posts: 118 | Location: RI | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On this non-comp version, it should have just been called the 365 XXL, and left the Macro name with the compensated line.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The XMacro grip is longer than the G19 grip, if only slightly. See below...

https://www.handgunhero.com/co...ig-sauer-p365-xmacro

As far and the G43 with a pinky extension, the extension, pinky extension baseplates add length to the front of the grip. The prime print point is the back of the grip. The front to back taper makes them print less than a full grip of the same length. Below is a comparison of the G43 to the XMacro. with flush baseplates, the difference in grip height is right around an inch.

quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
For a carry gun, it looks like it would print quite a bit. That grip is way too long.

I can’t find the picture I took at the moment but I put my 43 with pinky extension mag on top of the Macro and the grip was only a hair longer.

I am pretty sure It’s smaller than a 19 and folks carry those all day long.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's 17-rd grip vs 15-rd grip. Comparison should be done against the G19X (17 vs 17). Then the Macro is quite smaller.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Black compared the XMacro to the 19. That's why I posted what I did.

quote:
quote:

It's 17-rd grip vs 15-rd grip. Comparison should be done against the G19X (17 vs 17). Then the Macro is quite smaller.

posted Hide Post
I have both. It is taller but by a tiny amount. And it is taller on one side and shorter on the other, it’s a mag baseplate angle thing. Plus as observed above it’s +2 and slimmer by a good margin.

I put the Magguts insert into my 12 round mags which turns a standard X into a 14+1. This is the best capacity vs size in my mind. I have been using that combo for a year-ish and it has been 100% and is smaller than a 19 in every dimension while giving up 1 round.

Either way this carries easier and smaller than a 19 in every way that’s reasonably noticeable.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Many people carry P320's that are larger in every dimension. It's all about the holster, wings and wedges. Drop off the magwell and it get's skinny again like the Xmacro.

Posts: 16 | Registered: November 15, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of guns some people carry that a bigger than the XMacro. But if there were some way to actually count how many of what guns actually get carried, I'd bet we'd find that the vast majority of carry guns are smaller than the XMacro, especially in grip length. And while most of the XMacro is commendably thin, the Tacops adds the magwell, which thickens it out right at the prime print point.

quote:
Originally posted by Parrishghost:
quote:

Many people carry P320's that are larger in every dimension. It's all about the holster, wings and wedges. Drop off the magwell and it get's skinny again like the Xmacro.