SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The newest P365 XMacro, non-comped, new mag well for LE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The newest P365 XMacro, non-comped, new mag well for LE Login/Join 
Picture of UCPOPO
posted
So I just got the newest offering to law enforcement in the P365 series. This is the X Macro with the non comped slide, 3.7” barrel, the new aluminum magwell and 3-17rd mags. It shoots well, compared to the G48, it feels a bit better. It’s not quite as smooth as the Shadow Systems MR920 but it shouldn’t be. I have high hopes for it. Just put a few hundreds rounds thru it and it was flawless. I really like the mag well and grip texture.

Posts: 655 | Location: OKLAHOMA | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Why LE only? Totally stupid. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UCPOPO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Why LE only? Totally stupid. Roll Eyes

I’m not sure on that. I’m guessing it won’t stay LE only for long.

Posts: 655 | Location: OKLAHOMA | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Is the magwell removable?

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UCPOPO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Is the magwell removable?

It is

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I can resist anything except temptation:
If only this P365 has a magazine well (abbr: magwell), where do the magazines go in/on/under/over the older guns?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I can resist anything except temptation:
If only this P365 has a magazine well (abbr: magwell), where do the magazines go in/on/under/over the older guns?

Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I realize what you're getting at, and I agree that "funnel" is more accurate term, but "magwell" is the term in common usage to describe the device in question, and calling it anything else is likely to confuse people...and then we have to have this discussion, which we're now having anyway...so yeah.

Thanks for the response OP. Have you had a chance to shoot the comped version of the gun yet to be able to offer a comparison between the two? I've shot the comped version and was very impressed...I'm wondering how much of that was the comp, and how much was just the increase weight and grip size compared to a standard P365. The Macro is the first variant of the gun that really interests me, and I've come close to ordering this version as it's quite a bit cheaper than the comped one...but I'm curious if it will yield the same shooting experience as the one that I shot.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I realize what you're getting at, and I agree that "funnel" is more accurate term, but "magwell" is the term in common usage to describe the device in question, and calling it anything else is likely to confuse people...

I personally don't care what people call it. Just like I don't care when people call a magazine a clip. But since sigfreund pointed it out, I was just playing along. You wouldn't be confused, when you deal with the HK people, where they actually call it correctly, would you? Big Grin

Edited to make a correction of a major error. I don't care. Smile

Q

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Field grade literacy test.”

That's excellent! Big Grin

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Wait. So mag well isn't the correct term or is it that mag funnel is just more correct? I prefer mag well because I think of a funnel as something you pour a liquid into.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
When I was assigned to a command headquarters many years ago I had a sign on my desk, “The Ogre.”
One day a new major walked in, saw the sign, and asked, “The o-gree?”
When he left, the master sergeant in the same office smirked, looked at me, and said, “o-gree?”
My response was, “Field grade literacy test.”

But yes, none of it matters any more. None. Not that majors didn’t know what an ogre was even 35 years ago—much less today. Not that people believe “AR” in AR-15 means assault rifle. And of course it certainly does not matter if someone does not know what a magwell is. None.

Deleted and reposted for clarification.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UCPOPO
posted Hide Post
It’s a magwell. Always will be. I don’t care what anyone else says.

Picture of UCPOPO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the response OP. Have you had a chance to shoot the comped version of the gun yet to be able to offer a comparison between the two? I've shot the comped version and was very impressed...I'm wondering how much of that was the comp, and how much was just the increase weight and grip size compared to a standard P365. The Macro is the first variant of the gun that really interests me, and I've come close to ordering this version as it's quite a bit cheaper than the comped one...but I'm curious if it will yield the same shooting experience as the one that I shot.

I haven’t shot the comped version but it does handle better the the original 365 by a fair amount just from the grip. I have XXL hands and never could hang on to the original P365.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Wait. So mag well isn't the correct term or is it that mag funnel is just more correct?
Every semi-automatic, detachable-magazine-fed handgun has a mag well, else where would the magazines go?

Calling a mag funnel a mag well is alike calling a magazine a clip.

Hey! I got it: "Clipwells!" Yeah, that's the ticket

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every semi-automatic, detachable-magazine-fed handgun has a mag well

I don't think so. wells go down or hold liquids or something like that. the correct term is mag receptacle to define that you have to insert it...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10968 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
never could hang on to the original P365.

My problem as well. I got rid of my original P365 for that reason. I never thought I'd be thinking about buying another, but the 17 round mag and a hand-filling grip on a gun that is much more carry-able than my P320, but almost as shootable, is making me reconsider. This could be an awesome off-duty gun.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
For a carry gun, it looks like it would print quite a bit. That grip is way too long.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I like it and want one when/if they’ll sell them to lowly non-LE.

With that said, I basically have two already: 365XLs with new slide versions with a Macro module thrown on. Only thing it lacks is the funnel…which I don’t need any way.

I’ve been carrying 365s since they came out and now I can replace every carry/HD pistol with one platform.

I just need a couple more!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UCPOPO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
never could hang on to the original P365.

My problem as well. I got rid of my original P365 for that reason. I never thought I'd be thinking about buying another, but the 17 round mag and a hand-filling grip on a gun that is much more carry-able than my P320, but almost as shootable, is making me reconsider. This could be an awesome off-duty gun.

My thoughts as well for an off duty gun but it will be tough to replace my Shadow systems.