SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What would be your choice for optics on a Ruger Mark IV Lite being used as a silencer host?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would be your choice for optics on a Ruger Mark IV Lite being used as a silencer host? Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
Recently purchased two Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite’s to be used as silencer host guns.

Additionally I purchased one Volquartsen LLV-4 Mini barrel (receiver).

Wow! The LLV-4 Mini really feels nicely balanced with Dead Air Mask.
The Mini, gives me about 2.75” of picattiny rail between front and rear site.
Think that I will be purchasing I have purchased the additional parts to make one pistol into the Mini Mamba with gold trigger and gold bolt.
Update:
15% off on gun parts on Optics Planet.
So now I am headed full steam to a BBQ gun with silencer, but needs an optic.

I am optics illiterate, so your advice would help.

What red dot would be your choice for these 22LR’s?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
If it were me I go with one of the Vortex or Holosun reflex sights.

On a separate note, make sure to keep the forward barrel retainer tight on the Lite. Mine used to come loose all the time, so much so that I finally dumped it as it was affecting accuracy.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I have a Vortex Venom on mine and it works well. No silencer on mine though.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
I have a Vortex Venom on mine and it works well. No silencer on mine though.

Same here ^

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I, too, put a Venom on mine with suppressor.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I've got a Holosun and a suppressor on mine. They work great together, much like a Reese's peanut butter cup, only shooting suppressed .22 lr.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Ruger wears a C More sight. It is kind of my comp 22 so maybe you want smaller. The CMore does kind of work nice on these 22's though.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have any astigmatism go with the Holosun 407 or 507!

Posts: 12 | Location: Tx | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put an MRO on mine with a mask. I don't do holosun for the obvious reason.
Works great.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I have a Venom on my Black Mamba; the suppressor stamp should be coming in any day now…

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love to hear your 25 yard accuracy results with the mini-Mamba upper! Mine was 'ok' at about 2-2.5" (5-shot groups) but the Ruger Target upper I also bought from them (for $40!) was a 1" @ 25 yard shooter (!). Subsequently I sent my LLV-4 back to VQ and they actually replaced the barrel so I'm awaiting another range trip. What a great company they are! And I'm definitely going with the Holosun 407...good price and (thanks to their emitter) I can see it w/o starbursts!

Good luck!
dh

Posts: 12 | Location: Tx | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holosun 407C probably.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post