SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Legion DA/SA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Legion DA/SA Login/Join 
posted
Thinking about buying one . Just a want not a need because I have other .45’s ( 1911’s, HK’s.)
Would be just a range toy. So my question to the members who have one is do you like it ?
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I bought one second hand and I do like it. It certainly checks a lot of boxes.

I think you will be happy, should you buy one.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P220 Carry is incredibly accurate and one of my favorites to shoot. Definitely a must have.

Posts: 160 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic weapon, the P220 platform itself is tremendous, still my favorite platform

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a P220, but my P226 Legion is a fantastic pistol. The grips, color, sights, trigger, and the accuracy are top notch!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
Not a P220, but my P226 Legion is a fantastic pistol. The grips, color, sights, trigger, and the accuracy are top notch!

Same here.

But since you have a 1911, I would seriously consider the SAO P220 Legion... the trigger on these is perfect in my opinion... mine in 9mm/357 is just under 3.5lbs and there is absolutely no creep.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I had the DA/SA P220 Legion for a couple years. I sold it because I needed to fund a competition pistol more than another range toy.
It was however one of the most fun pistols to shoot. The trigger and reset were superb and even being a big ol' 45 it could to quick splits and double taps like nobody's business. Everything about the pistol; was great. I would have kept it but since I didn't have any practical use for it I had to let it go.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Normal pedestrian P220’s are fantastic, the Legion can only add to that.

You will NOT get a good 1911 trigger out of it though. It’s a fantastic DA/SA trigger but don’t go in expecting a killer 1911 esque trigger. Conversely you will get a much better trigger than the vast majority of HK’s.

Take care, shoot safe
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new P220 Legion R2 models have optic ready slides. But of course, low sights.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a DA/SA 220 Legion, 220 Carry and a 1911 (because everyone should be proficient with a 1911).

The Sigs are everything I expect a classic Sig to be - but the Legion is just that little bit better in all regards.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post