SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What company made the extended lip mag floor plate for GLOCK’s? HK P2000 related.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What company made the extended lip mag floor plate for GLOCK’s? HK P2000 related. Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I think they were made for the G26 size mags mostly. They didn’t add any length to the mags, they just extended the lip so you could hook your finger better.

I ask because I’m hoping they make one for the HK P2000. Or does anyone know of something else for the P2000 mag? I don’t like the factory extended baseplate and the flat one needs just a little more lip for me.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I have used many Pearce grip extensions on my Glock mags. Some add to the rd count and some don't.

The quality has always been good and the price reasonable. Pearce offers options for many brands.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to GeePlates?
https://www.geeplate.com/

I believe similar style base plates were made by a different company previously, but don’t recall who.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Pearce were the ones we always used:

https://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
I have used many Pearce grip extensions on my Glock mags. Some add to the rd count and some don't.

The quality has always been good and the price reasonable. Pearce offers options for many brands.

Yep.

https://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-26

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Don’t think Pierce makes anything for the HK.

The P30/VP9 mags are just elongated P2000/USPc mags so I wonder if the floorplate on one of those put on a P2000 mag would give you that middle ground. If I think about it later today I will give it a try.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
It looks like gee is who I was thinking of but it doesn’t sound right. I tried a p30 plate on the p2000 but it did t lock into the gun. I could probably trim it but I dont want to do that.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GAP floor plates. I believe they’re out of business now. I loved those things!

quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I think they were made for the G26 size mags mostly. They didn’t add any length to the mags, they just extended the lip so you could hook your finger better.

I ask because I’m hoping they make one for the HK P2000. Or does anyone know of something else for the P2000 mag? I don’t like the factory extended baseplate and the flat one needs just a little more lip for me.

Thanks!

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
That’s it!!!
quote:
Originally posted by davidjinks:

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
That’s it!!!
quote:
Originally posted by davidjinks:

I have one on my G26. It makes drawing from appendix a little more consistent. I don't run one on my backup magazine.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you trying to get a mag baseplate for the P2000 (non-SK) that is flat ( like this) AND has some sort of 'shelf' for your pinky?

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Yep, GAP Enterprises. They really lock into your fingers. The Pearce also feels good, but does not lock in, but rather makes it feel like a full sized grip.

both conceal the same as factory for me as it is the back of the mag/grip backs trap that prints rather than the front strap.

Aside from that, the company has long been defunct.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neex:
Are you trying to get a mag baseplate for the P2000 (non-SK) that is flat ( like this) AND has some sort of 'shelf' for your pinky?

Yes. That’s the idea.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
I've always thought it humorous that people by the tiniest gun and then add things to it to make it bigger.

Posts: 27 | Registered: November 26, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well two things. The P2000SK isn't "the tiniest thing", not by a long shot. The other thing is what the guy above you said. The lip of the mag baseplate isn't what prints. So if you get a better grip and you shoot better and it has no impact on printing, why is that a bad thing?

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
And I’m talking about the P2000, not the SK. So not a small gun. Just need a tad more grip or a way to lock in what fingers I can get on it.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
Sorry. He said tiny guns and I went to the SK because a P2000 isn’t tiny. My bad.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Sorry. He said tiny guns and I went to the SK because a P2000 isn’t tiny. My bad.

You are good. It’s the FNG I was addressing.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer