SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If your 320 isn't tungsten rich, sell it quick
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If your 320 isn't tungsten rich, sell it quick Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
because Sig has the last pistol you'll ever need.

"The P320 XFIVE Legion is the ultimate handgun for the serious shooter. The weight was increased to 43.5oz thanks to the innovative TXG tungsten-infused grip module. This new product is the first of its kind in the firearms industry with the weight of steel and the flex of polymer, reducing muzzle flip by up to 50%. The trigger pull of the XFIVE Legion is up to 30% lighter with the new skeletonized trigger, which increases shooting speed and accuracy. The recoil system has been upgraded to use a solid steel guide rod and a 14lb 1911-style spring, with an additional 12lb spring included. The signature Legion Gray finish comes standard, as well as Legion markings on the sight plate and on all three of the Henning Group® anodized aluminum basepads. All of these new features coupled with the removable magwell & grip weight, Romeo1PRO optic-ready slide, 5” bull barrel, and Dawson Precision® fiber optic adjustable sights catapults the P320 XFIVE Legion ahead of the competition and ..."

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-xfive-legion.html

Edit: Oops. I only searched for 'tungsten' before posting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15913 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26520 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Isn't light weight one of the reasons poly guns are popular? If you want a heavy gun, go all steel.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I don’t consider this jib-jab as it raises a new point not mentioned in the previous thread.

That being said, the material decision seems idiotic to me. Like the previous poster said, if sacrificing durability and strength - then I want a reduction in weight. If Sig wants to reduce muzzle flip, they should start with a lower damn bore axis. That and the Steyr design keep me from even glancing at what I consider an inferior firearm.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And check out the Pro Cut Slide.
400 bucks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I like my heavy CZ Shadows. I can absolutely blaze with those guns. I also like my G34, but there is no doubt that the CZ’s with all their weight shoot soooo much softer than the 34.

Sig is trying to replicate that with the X5 Legion. I like the X5 trigger, so I am intrigued by an X5 tipping the scales over 40oz.

Now if they’d just stop with the stupid lightening cuts, I’d buy one.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pro cut slide. Ha ha. That being said, if it was cut for an RMR and Cerakote some reasonable color I would probably fork over the money.

Except I don’t really like the front cut. Looks way to video gamer-ish.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the Pro-Cut slide is a joke. They admit up front it’s for “style” and they remove other lightening cuts so weight is the same.
I’m not buying another 320 FCU; will wait for the heavy grip module to be available as a part, then maybe.
Our LGS has guns to rent you can’t buy in CA—don’t know how that works—so will see if they have the Legion model available to rent down the road.

Posts: 18095 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I like my heavy CZ Shadows. I can absolutely blaze with those guns. I also like my G34, but there is no doubt that the CZ’s with all their weight shoot soooo much softer than the 34.

My P320F with the x-carry grip and internal weight is very comfortable to shoot. Put 147 grain lightly loaded rounds in there, and it can't get much softer shooting. I imagine with the extra weight of the new tungsten grip P320 coming out, it would be like shooting a .22.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm always amazed that gun manufacturers can continue to improve their product to meet what they consider the consumer's demand....

Much like soap....

Personally, even though I own a number of Sigs I still think a basic P226 is just about as good as one can get... If what you want is a gun that actually fires and you hit what you are aiming at.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig was lucky they got the army contract and some alphabet agencies. Otherwise they would be on the bubble. Poor management, outdated designs, bad press. Sig should count their blessings.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post