SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Browning Model 1922 in 7.65mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Model 1922 in 7.65mm Login/Join 
posted
Is anyone familiar with this model? My sister has an opportunity to buy one inreasobly good condition for what I think is a decent price. I advised her to buy it now. Five digit serial number.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
They are quality and well-built little guns. A ton of them were built around WWII era. Built like a mini tank. Sights are hard to see but that was par for the years they were made. Check to see if it has the Nazi markings because it will be worth a lot more. Some of the better informed here may be able to give you more info.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
How much, if I might ask?

The 1922 model is an upsized version of the 1910 version. Made bigger in hopes of winning police and military contracts. Simple pistol, reliable, good parts availability.

Browning imported a version of the gun into the 1970s, IIRC. Had to put target sights onto it to get it past the 1968 GCA import restrictions. Also made in .380 ACP. Only have to change the barrel to convert it.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Asking price is 449 plus tax. I don't know if it has Nazi markings, but there is a C underneath the serial number. I don't know what that is.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post