SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Yeah, me! New 226 Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yeah, me! New 226 Legion Login/Join 
posted
I finally found 226 Legion last week. Bag and coin on the way, thanks Sig.

2 trips to the range so far. I primarily shoot 1911's but I'm surprised how well the new, not yet broken-in trigger is. I had considered sending it off to Grey Guns one of these days but will have to reconsider. The reset is awesome. I'm not too crazy about the take-up, but we'll see if I get used to it.

Tomorrow will be another 200 rounds though it. I would have preferred the RXP version due to old guy eyes, but they're like hen's teeth around here.

If Sig would put the slide assemblies on sale I'd consider one of those, but they're awful proud of slide+optic at $699.

g

Posts: 24 | Location: Middle America | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I usually get distracted by a P226 from the '80s so the Legion hasn't happened yet.

Then there was that P226 Navy.

Someday...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
You could try gb; that's where I got my P226 Legion SAO RXP.

But Congratulations!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19657 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I've wanted one for a few years but every new DA/SA one I ran across was pretty loosely fit for some reason.

Ironically, the range rental that shot like a laser was still nice and tight after being rented out for the better part of 18 months.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My P226 Legion in 357 I bought from a fellow member here just feels like a piece of art work to me. I did put a grey guns flat trigger on it and recently bought a 9mm legion slide and have an 9mm RX slide on the way as well as new barrel and spring and rod on the way. So, I guess I drank the 'Legion' kool-aid. What is next on my list is a P226 SAO Legion in 357.

You mentioned loose Sigs... I think that is a wrong assumption. I had a gunsmith with a big Glock tattoo on his arm 3 years ago show me how the slide on my Sig P320 was so loose it could never be accurate... the next day I shot a perfect score on a very difficult qualification test.... I did it again with the same pistol 3 weeks ago.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another good move!
I've had 2 guns that I've wanted for a long time. One is the 226 stainless Elite and the pinnacle a 226 X5
I've screwed around of years by not purchasing the Elite and now they are tough to find and getting tougher. The 226 X5 is a large expenditure for a handgun but I've owned Wilson combat 1911's many years ago and they weren't cheap either. But 4/5 grand for the X5 is a stretch now but who knows one of these days something may happen. But reducing the bank account by 5 grand would be red flag for the wife, I mean what the heck she needs makeup you know.

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post