SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Traded my P365 for a P239............
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traded my P365 for a P239............ Login/Join 
posted
I traded my P365 for a P239, I wasn't pleased with the hard slide release or hard to load magazines. Not a fan of striker fired designs, much prefer a de-cocker even though the 239 only holds 8 rounds. Best part was I was able to make an even trade.

Posts: 31 | Location: Fishers, IN | Registered: February 02, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
If it is a 9mm, I say good trade. I picked up my 239 about 5 years ago. I installed an SRT Trigger kit and Hogue G10 grips. It is one of my favorite pistols to shoot.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sig 239 in 357 Sig a great gun.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1523 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must be a common swap lol! Did the same deal myself.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It seems as though people really prefer either one or the other.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Actually, I don't think it was an even swap... I think you got the better end of the deal. But then, I'm prejudiced and the P239 is my favorite Sig pistol.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I have both. Love both.

The 239 slows the wife's ammo consumption rate at the range. It was her carry gun. She burns through more with the 365 and the 320 ... it's bad.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Back in the pre P365 days, when I thought about the P239, I always thought the HK P2000, which is very comparable in size, is also DA/SA (or their LEM trigger), and is currently still in production, was a better choice. I still do.

Of course this was pre-P365, and maybe even pre-Shield. So the carry gun market has changed drastically since this matchup started. But if anyone likes the P239 size and method of operation, they owe it to themselves to still look at the P2000

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I also like my 365 but will keep at least one of my 239s.
But the p320 I got this summer is growing on me too.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just purchased the P365, like yesterday, to replace S&W Shield in 9mm. I have had a P239 in 40 for a few years, P.D. trade in. I do like the hammer guns for carry. And with a .357Sig barrel,,,,well, let the fun begin.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my P239 in .40. Found mags for it, some extra springs, so good to go for a while. But everyone seems to have a .357 Sig barrel for theirs , (I found one for my P229) and I cannot find one anywhere. Where are they ?

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunswizard:
I traded my P365 for a P239, I wasn't pleased with the hard slide release or hard to load magazines. Not a fan of striker fired designs, much prefer a de-cocker even though the 239 only holds 8 rounds. Best part was I was able to make an even trade.

Congratulations, you did well indeed. Many here love their P239, me included. Mine was purchased in 357Sig to go with my P229.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 230 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like you done well. I really like my P239 and my other DA/SA Sigs.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Bob,
Congratulations on the Trade

It is great when both sides feel like they got the better end of the deal

Did you trade into a 357SIG or a 40S&W?

I have been a fan of the 357SIG cartridge since I began shooting it in the mid nineties. At the time I was working out in Dallas County and had friends/acquaintances that were looking at the cartridge for DPS's next pistol.

When the P239 was introduced I thought it was a perfect match for the cartridge and I have been carrying and shooting 357SIG P239s ever since.

I do not recall what agency these were originally produced for, but there are 8 round magazines for the 357SIG. All the original Agency magazines were phosphate coated instead of the normal Blue. I presume this was done for corrosion resistance. So you would have 9 rounds in the firearm

They do stick a little farther out the bottom of the pistol, but they give my pinky a little extra to rest against.

SIG shipped us the mags in bulk, just sealed in plastic bags instead of retail packaging.

I know that some of the vendors received these in retail packaging, but I am not sure if any are still out there in the supply chain. Obviously there will be some on the various auction sites but who knows at what price

I have switched to the 8 rounders almost exclusivly

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
I love my P239 in .40. Found mags for it, some extra springs, so good to go for a while. But everyone seems to have a .357 Sig barrel for theirs , (I found one for my P229) and I cannot find one anywhere. Where are they ?

https://barsto.com/product/357-sig-p-239/
I think mine dropped in w/o fitting. My 9mm barrel did need fitting.
Edit:My .357 barrel was sig factory. So if you go w/ Barsto you will probably need fitting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dsiets,

Posts: 7317 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:

They come up one in a while on GB for sale, I picked one up there last month at a good price, new in box. Just have to be patient I feel.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
I have personally been mulling over getting a P365 for myself to replace my current carry gun but haven't found one locally yet at a reasonable price to feel like I want to do it yet.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice 239 collection colt_saa!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to have all three barrels for my two P239 SASs, but the way the P239 handles the .357 caliber led to me selling the 9mm and the 40 S&W barrels. Can't improve upon perfection. Great trade you made.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 123 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
You didn't get hurt on that trade one bit, ol buddy.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post