SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Traded my P365 for a P239............
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traded my P365 for a P239............ Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I would have made that trade as well but I still prefer the 365 for the role. The 365 is tough to beat on a size, capacity, and shootability scale. In my hand it is small but it doesn’t suffer from small gun-itis. Ie, easy to carry hard to shoot well. It shoots great and has great sights to start with. 365 for the win.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
P239 is a great shooting gun. I wish Sig-Sauer had the time and money to invest in re-working the design to fit a slightly larger magazine - 10 rounds would not be an unrealistic goal for this sized pistol. That is unlikely to happen, I guess. But then I see Springfield introducing an all-metal gun made in the USA for $699 list (e.g., the SA-35) and wonder why Sig couldn't make an update happen with a P239 Mod 2.

The P365 is a superb pistol in the role of a concealed-carry pistol that fits in a pocket or another discrete location, and in a sense is the replacement for the P239 and P232. The J frame, the go-to of yesteryear, just does not carry enough rounds, given the threat (wild dogs, violent criminals, bears, mountain lions, etc.). I wouldn't feel under-armed with a P239, though, but its clear the micro-9's with 10+ rounds are the hot ticket.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put a Plus One mag extension on a 9mm 239 and you have a ten round gun. With minimal increase in size of the weapon.

Posts: 5743 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My username reveals my opinion

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P239 is a great gun. Although, IMO the P365 is a superior EDC weapon. And honestly, the difference in size/weight between the P365 and P239 is almost the same as the differences between a P239 and P229. I know many carry a P229 daily, but it was not ideal for me, where do you draw your EDC weapon line. I waffled for years between a number of options prior to the P365s arrival. Now, the P365 has eliminated the P239, PM9, P938, and others as the best choice for my EDC. Best wishes.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Put a Plus One mag extension on a 9mm 239 and you have a ten round gun. With minimal increase in size of the weapon.

It's getting hard to find those extensions, though. Top Gun Supply used to have them, but they seem to be out of them for good.

I like the fact that the also give you a little more grip length to hold on to. It's not a pocket gun anyway, so that little extra size doesn't matter to me.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunswizard:
I traded my P365 for a P239, I wasn't pleased with the hard slide release or hard to load magazines. Not a fan of striker fired designs, much prefer a de-cocker even though the 239 only holds 8 rounds. Best part was I was able to make an even trade.

If I could find another P239 in good shape and could trade my P365 for it, I'd probably do it also... for exactly the same reasons you mention! Yes, I do really like my P365 and carry it daily, but would still prefer a P239 in 9mm with Hogue finger-groove grips; my perfect pistol! Why in hell I sold my last one I'll never know, because I simply cannot remember why I'd do such an insane thing!!!

Congrats on what I consider a great trade!

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My carry gun is a 365, but I own and love my 9mm 239 with hogue G-10s.
I think you made out with that trade. P365s will be around for a while, while good 239s are going to get harder to find as people scap them up.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
quote:

It's getting hard to find those extensions, though. Top Gun Supply used to have them, but they seem to be out of them for good.

I like the fact that the also give you a little more grip length to hold on to. It's not a pocket gun anyway, so that little extra size doesn't matter to me.

Check Armory Craft. They had the Plus One kits as recently as a few weeks ago. They are made out of metal. On sale for 24.95

Posts: 5743 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:

Check Armory Craft. They had the Plus One kits as recently as a few weeks ago. They are made out of metal. On sale for 24.95

Thanks -- that's a bit pricier than the plastic ones Top Gun had, but not too bad. I ordered one. I'll keep the metal one in the pistol and carry the plastic ones as spares.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Just got the Armory Craft +1 base plate and installed it. It's a nicely machined piece, but I'm not too jazzed about that little retention screw. As far as I can see, all it does is prevent the base plate from slipping off the mag body due to the reduced spring tension, but I would worry about the screw itself backing out. Did you use Loctite in the installation of yours?

I can see an alternative, which is to push the baseplate forward so that the side of the retention screw actually contacts the bottom edge of the mag body when you tighten it. Then it can be snugged up so that it's actually tightening the baseplate to the body, but there's only friction holding it in place, and one good whack on the front of the baseplate will knock it loose -- I tried, and that's what happened.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious. It has happened before ... Wink

posted Hide Post
Great thread and insights from y’all! My only question as I go back and forth between these 2 choices; what holsters are you using for your P239. It is a lot bulkier than the P365XL I currently carry and do it more for convenience as I prefer the P239 in 9mm. Thoughts?

Posts: 163 | Location: Berryville, VA | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use an older Raven Concealment Systems Kydex OWB (no longer made) and a leather Bianchi OWB thumb break. With an untucked shirt, it concealed fine.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jose_reynaldo:
Great thread and insights from y’all! My only question as I go back and forth between these 2 choices; what holsters are you using for your P239. It is a lot bulkier than the P365XL I currently carry and do it more for convenience as I prefer the P239 in 9mm. Thoughts?

Are you thinking IWB,AIWB or OBW ?

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by magholderusa:
I have personally been mulling over getting a P365 for myself to replace my current carry gun but haven't found one locally yet at a reasonable price to feel like I want to do it yet.

no cheap FFL transfer dealers over there?

Just saying because P365's/P365XL/P365X's online have reasonable deals all the time.

I recommend gun.deals and wikiarms.com (decent gun deal aggregation sites)

they also have mobile apps

of all my purchases I did very few at a gunshop from their inventory and its saved me thousands

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:

I use Vedder's Lighttuck and a deeper system called Smart Carry for when waistband carry is compromised by tight shirts.

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness for this thread. It was just what i needed.
Been shopping P365's and was planning a trip up north to a kinda-local shop who has some in stock, came here to get holster recommendations, and low and behold this thread.
You just saved me a bunch of driving and $.
I'll continue to carry my genII 239 SAS in 9mm.

quote:

I carry IWB... I'm 5'-7 and 145lbs of furry Smile.
I use a Milt Sparks Versa Max and locally made leather gun belt and carry at 4 o'clock.
It's very comfortable, and invisible - even when wearing shorts and T-shirt.
I also have the same holster for my P220 SAS Carry... it's equally invisible, tho, at my size, not quite as comfortable to carry...

220 carry SAS GenII, P239 SAS GenII 9mm

Posts: 82 | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the various responses and was thinking IWB. Your responses raise another concern that a search for P239 holsters is slim pickings.
The width and weight of the P239 are not an issue for me but I am struggling with finding the right holsters available for sale.

quote:
quote:

Are you thinking IWB,AIWB or OBW ?

Posts: 163 | Location: Berryville, VA | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High Noon holsters is one of my favorites, Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post