SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Good News for Revolver Owners: Herrett's Lives On!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good News for Revolver Owners: Herrett's Lives On! Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
For those who are unaware, the future of custom stock company "Herretts" has hung in the balance for the last few months. The family members that ran the company since at least the 1950's when Steve Herrett was in charge, have either passed on, or retired and it hasn't helped that more people are buying handguns that aren't dressed up with beautiful custom wood grips like earlier designed semi-autos and revolvers used to be. This morning I received word that the company is relocating to another building near it's previous headquarters and will continue filling orders beginning in January of 2021!!!

I'm glad to hear this as they've done some great work for me in the past and are virtually the only custom shop that I'm aware of to provide some high grade offerings like these "Roper" style stocks for Colt revolvers.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news! The best grips I ever had were Herrett's Shooting Stars.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. This is great news.

Herrett's makes class products.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Excellent. If I ever score a Colt new service, it will sport Herret stocks.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news! Several of my revolvers wear Herrett's stocks. They are very comfortable for shooting - and look great. Thanks,

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Are they still making stocks to measure from a tracing of your hand?

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought an older set of Herrett wood grips for a J frame and must say it feels much better to hold onto and shoot.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Awesome - it's so good to see "semi custom" gun accessories for something other that AR's and plasticware.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!!

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
Awesome - it's so good to see "semi custom" gun accessories for something other that AR's and plasticware.

Are you saying die cut Skateboard tape panels don’t send a thrill down your spine?

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some for my Ruger Blackhawk revolvers, but I need to actually take them to the range and do a side by side comparison between them and the ones on the pistol.

I fitted the factory ones to the frame and refinished, so they blend smoothly from the frame, with no overhangs.

My understanding is that SA revolvers are supposed to 'roll' in your grip a bit, whereas DA/SA revolvers are not.

I think I actually have 2 Blackhawk sets, and 1 Colt E/I frame set.

After some of these comments, I'll have to see what they feel like.

So far, with the little I actually shoot anything, I have let the 'look' of them keep them in a box, as opposed to try them out.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of theirs.

Here's a few examples:

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

What a beautiful Diamondback.22 pulicords!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
On runs to Reno for the gun show I'd stop in at the shop , as we drove right past it.and peruse the returns box.I came away with some pretty stocks for dirt cheap.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What’s the webpage?

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
What’s the webpage?

Pssstttt...there's a new thing out...called the Interwebs...........try it Wink

http://www.herrettstocks.com/

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good news.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Kind of an odd web site. No prices. I guess you have to call to get pricing??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post