SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Palmetto State Armory Dagger - Magazine Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto State Armory Dagger - Magazine Question Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
Has anyone gotten a PSA Dagger, and, if so, has anyone tried both the MagPul and Glock magazines in it? If so, I was wondering whether either the MagPul magazine or the Glock magazine worked better (or worse) in that pistol.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I read it ships stock w/ one Magpul GL9 mag, so PSA feels confident the Magpul Glock mags work. I've not heard about any problems w/ Glock mags.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, I can get the MagPuls for about $12-$13 each, and CDNN has the Glocks on sale for $19.99, so if it's MagPuls then that'll warm the cockles of my cheapskate's heart. Glock's been making them longer than MagPul, though, so I thought I'd be remiss if I didn't ask here to see if anyone's tried both and noticed a difference.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just my 2 cents, for the extra couple dollars, it would be worth buying the Glock mags. They are just better performers, not that I have a Dagger, but have had some other brands that were similar and the Glock mags were the only ones you could count on. Worse comes to worse, you could always sell them or trade for what you have into them, for the most part.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Worse comes to worse, you could always sell them or trade for what you have into them, for the most part.

This is bound to be true.

posted Hide Post
I have used Magpul Glock PMAGs extensively and have found them to be utterly reliable. I probably have 30 of them in use (and about as many Glock brand magazines). The ONLY issue I have run into is that they do not like steel case ammunition, which seems to bind on the mag tube.

I think the 21 round PMAGs are particularly appealing since they retail around $15 and give you basically the capacity of a $25 factory mag with a $40 machined +5 installed.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Just my 2 cents, for the extra couple dollars, it would be worth buying the Glock mags

But the difference isn’t a “couple dollars.” It’s $7-8/each. If you want to have 5-10 magazines for things such as competition or carry spare ammunition, the difference adds up quick. Say 10 magazines at $13 for the Magpul would cost $130 while 10 Glock mags would cost $200. That $70 could buy you 5 additional Magpul mags.

People have no issue using PMAGs yet doubt their Glock mags. Magpul is famous for their quality mags.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, their PMags have been out for a while. An FNP45 and the finally-ended saga of 7.62x39 AR mags convinced me that even experienced manufacturers can have enough ups and downs to make double checking worthwhile. Marry that up with a pistol that hasn't been out very long and IMHO it only makes sense to ask around.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yup, you cannot assume a company's good name and reputation are good enough for any new products they release. The product has to prove itself in real use. Another example is Mec-Gar. Their mags have proven over the years to be dependable as clockwork. But, when the P227 TacOps came out with the accompanying 14-rounders by Mec-Gar, the mags were shit from the get go.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I realize it's not an OEM Glock...but....
OEM mags for business, and off-brands for play.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will mimic what Dan said. My Magpul Glock mags are great. EXCEPT with steel case ammo.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post