SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So a guy walks into his LGS…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So a guy walks into his LGS… Login/Join 
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted
…to make a layaway payment on one of the Frenchy rail police SP101s in 38 SPL and I see this P229-1 in the case for $600. I made my layaway payment and bought the 229. Was told the previous owner never fired it and I believe them as it looked new and the followers on the three mags it came with look real clean. In todays world, a new condition P229-1 with night sights and 3 mags for $600 seemed too good to pass up. Hooray me!

I picked up an excellent condition 320 compact with 2 mags from the same place for $365 last week. This place is not good for my wallet!

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s a great buy, an lgs like that would be costing me some $!

Posts: 1628 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a great buy and find
Even back in the day, 600 was a great deal for a 229 in that condition.

I lived in the Richmond area for 16 years and never ran across a find like yours.
(I did get some great deals on the gun trading forum though until Northram screwed it up)

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Looks like a very nice P229 @ a very reasonable price. Nice score!

Posts: 791 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you got a good deal, there. I haven't seen many classic series Sigs going for that price range in shops, and certainly not in that nice of shape. Well done.

Posts: 17151 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$600 with 3 mags? Sold!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$600 for a safe queen P229; yes, safe to say that fits the 'great deal' category. Well done.

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
If you're posting this just to make us jealous, it's working Razz

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I'm more jealous of his French SP101 - most likely with Trausch grips. Pictures aren't loading Wink

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
I'm more jealous of his French SP101 - most likely with Trausch grips. Pictures aren't loading Wink

It does have the Trausch grips. I don’t have it home yet, it’s still on layaway. I seem to always have a gun on layaway with them, it gives me a reason to stop in regularly. I should spring it next week. It was only $400. The last 2 weeks I went in to pick it up and ended up only making a payment because of the good Sig prices.

Regards,
Waco

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Great find! If you don't mind, which LGS was this?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I loves me a killer deal! Congrats, nice score!!!!

Posts: 5763 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Regards,
Waco

posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your purchase! I later purchased a 357 Sig barrel from a forum member here for my 40 caliber 229.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooops. Sorry about my post. I now see that yours is a 9MM. I don’t know if my previous post can apply to 9’s. However, congratulations are still in order.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
What a fantastic find! Congratulations!

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Email replied to. Thanks.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post