SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kimber Kdsc9 , any experience ?? info??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber Kdsc9 , any experience ?? info?? Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted
i have always had bad luck with kimbers, (except my warrior 1911) but I hear good things on these on these and they check several boxes for me.

I am most interested in the reliability and aftermakrket sights for them, I dont need a rail or a RDS.
any info is appreciated.

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the new Kimber KDS9C a short time after it was introduced.

I have had nothing but good results to report. The pistol feels great in the hands, is very ergonomic, and has been 100% reliable and very accurate with a variety of different loads.
It has quickly become one of my favorite 2011 style pistols.

Recently Kimber has introduced two new versions with a light rail. They are beautiful guns to look at and have added a right side safety and also an 18 round magazine in addition to the standard 15 round. My only criticism is that the price has gone up about $400.

When I bought mine the MSRP was $1499 and I paid $1299, so even at the new price, you can expect to pay hundreds less that the MSRP.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A fella I train with took his to gunsite and ran the crap out of it. No issues at all. He said.just about everyone wanted to shoot it and no one disliked it

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 318 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t own one, but have been looking at them very seriously. I believe Kimber made a very smart move by introducing this handgun with its numerous features at a very good price.

Shoot Safe...

Mike

Posts: 6 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
thnaks fellas

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We got examples of all three finishes in from Kimber. And yes, we ordered the railed versions because it's a 2011 where tradition be damned anyways. The full 'stainless' version is its own kind of stunning but it's the black over gray two-tone that's the one that completely took my breath away. 10 round mags definitely suck but I could envision this one being the gun that finally has me buying a Kimber.

-MG

Posts: 2006 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
great, would love to see some pics and or groups rom it !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,