SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson Combat X9 EDC for EDC?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat X9 EDC for EDC? Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
I've been carrying a Sig P365 for over a year now as my EDC, but wanted to upscale a bit due to the recent social unrest (violence) and the fact that much of it seems directed towards cops, active or retired (on or off-duty). I've always been comfortable with the 1911 platform and frequently carried .45 ACPs with Commander length (4.25") barrels, but the quality of 9mm offerings these days and the increase of magazine capacity is certainly a plus IMHO. The CZ-Dan Wesson DWX Compact 9mm seems to have been made of unobtainium, so I jumped in with a non-railed version of the Wilson Combat X9 EDC when I found a good deal online. The grip diameter is the same as my other 1911s and an advantage that the Wilson has is that it should fit the holsters I already own and use with my Commanders.

Mine came with ten magazines, I bought a couple of 18 rounders as backups and replaced the gold bead dot that was on it, with an orange ringed tritium front sight. It's got a very good "duty" trigger and I'm anxiously awaiting the opportunity to get some range time in with it. I'll report further after I've had some time to ring it out.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I carry mine in fall and winter. I love it!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Our tastes in handguns, rifles, and fine watches sure seem the same! Brother from another mother? Big Grin

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a really classy EDC pistol. I really admire the new variations on classic designs that have been offered up recently by CZC, Dan Wesson, and of course your Wilson. They all make handsome pistols.

Psalm 144:1

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Our tastes in handguns, rifles, and fine watches sure seem the same! Brother from another mother? Big Grin

Ha! I thought that earlier today when I saw one of your posts mentioning you had a James Cameron. That’s a sweet Dweller man!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a high-class pistol there, sir. Looking forward to your range report.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oooooh. Shit. I thought I was done buying pistols for a while. Damn, that's gorgeous.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I carried mine at work for the past few years - hands down the best shooting gun of that size/caliber that I've come across. I still carry it off duty in the "heavier clothing" months but now that I'm back in uniform, my work days are an older STI Tactical 5.0.

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Oooooh. Shit. I thought I was done buying pistols for a while. Damn, that's gorgeous.

Whatever you do don't shoot one! I did and now have the mid-size and the EDC X9s. Fabulous shooting guns.

Posts: 4812 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s a beautiful pistol but I’m too cheap to carry something like that. My EDC is the one gun that I don’t care if it gets scratched and beat up. I might shed a tear if I put a bunch of holster wear or a nasty scratch on that beauty.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'd be one of those ones who would gag at the notion of carrying such a pricey beaut. But one must do what they feel is going to work best for themselves, never mind what any of us remaining heathens think. Wink

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my second EDC X9L last week, a pimped out version of my previous purchase, and absolutely love it (obviously, or I wouldn't have bought a second one)! The "L" model, i.e. 5" model, is a little too big to use as an EDC (for me, at least), but as a range gun, I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
how are you liking the range time on that gun? I like pinefd, am looking at the L version.

My first gun was a high power and I miss it and I thought this was a perfect entre back to that original.

I don't want the hipower as the one I had was a .40 and a bit too snappy, but it felt great in the hand. I must have dry fired it 50,000 times in my apartment. I do miss that single action trigger.

I have kimber 1911 but it isn't the same. Saw the edc 9L in the LGS and cycled it and felt the trigger, wow was I impressed.

Haven't stopped thinking about it.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post