SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P-210A Trigger Improvement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P-210A Trigger Improvement Login/Join 
posted
Can something be done via aftermarket parts to improve a P-210 trigger? The trigger on my sample is poor with terrible creep and nearly nonexistent reset. When the trigger is on the sear, the hammer moves back and additional 1/16" or more before it releases.

I hear other people rave about the trigger, so perhaps mine is defective as it is one of the worst Sig triggers I have. Only thing positive is trigger weight.

Posts: 41 | Registered: December 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BY non-existent reset do you mean that the reset travel distance is very short, or that it does not reset at all? The first would be a good thing, the second would not.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
BY non-existent reset do you mean that the reset travel distance is very short, or that it does not reset at all? The first would be a good thing, the second would not.

No, just that the reset is barely perceptible, even less tactile than a first gen M&P.

posted Hide Post
Not "aftermarket parts", but the SigArmorer did an excellent trigger job on mine!

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by antt:
Can something be done via aftermarket parts to improve a P-210 trigger? The trigger on my sample is poor with terrible creep and nearly nonexistent reset. When the trigger is on the sear, the hammer moves back and additional 1/16" or more before it releases.

I hear other people rave about the trigger, so perhaps mine is defective as it is one of the worst Sig triggers I have. Only thing positive is trigger weight.

That's the nature of the trigger on all the P210s. Swiss, German and US. It's not a defect.

Q

Posts: 26427 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I am not sure I have ever heard of anyone needing aftermarket trigger work on the p210. Other than probably some of the most inherently stellar accuracy ever achieved from a production pistol, the trigger is a main selling point. It has got to be one of the best non-1911 style triggers made even still, compared with the current market offerings from CZ, LTT, Walther, etc.

I hope you find a solution and are able to enjoy your P210!

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
You must be aware that the P210 is equipped with a two stage singel action trigger which has characteristics that can be irritating. it is mainly because the trigger is controlled by two springs. This means that the hammer can already be pre-cocked in the pre-stage, which makes the path comparatively long and ends when the trigger bar touches the deflection rocker for the transfer of force to the sear (aka wall). The advantage is that the trigger weight for the hammer is reduced, the disadvantage is that a "reset" is only weakly perceived. This behavior is typical for all P210 pistols. The advantage of this two stage trigger is that the shot release can be controlled very precisely and therefore it can be shot very precisely in well aimed slow fire, but it irritates when fast shot sequences are to be shot on a timer.

There's nothing wrong with your P210. It's technology from the 1940s, when precision was considered more important than speed. Smile

Posts: 3776 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I am not sure I have ever heard of anyone needing aftermarket trigger work on the p210. Other than probably some of the most inherently stellar accuracy ever achieved from a production pistol, the trigger is a main selling point. It has got to be one of the best non-1911 style triggers made even still, compared with the current market offerings from CZ, LTT, Walther, etc.

I hope you find a solution and are able to enjoy your P210!

I may just have a bad example. The trigger on mine is not even close to the best non-1911 style trigger. I have five other P series pistols and the 210 is the worse.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have five other P series pistols and the 210 is the worse.
It's an entirely different trigger mechanism from later P-series SIG pistol designs.

You really should pay heed to the comments above. 12131 and OTD, in particular, are rather knowledgeable on the subject of P210s.

We've had several members question the P210's trigger over the years. For example: P210 trigger characteristics? and p210 legend trigger reset. There have been others.

If you still question your P210's trigger than perhaps arrange to send it back to SIG? But, don't be surprised if they return it to you with "Nothing wrong found."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some prefer oysters and some prefer snails. The P210 may not be for you.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
I may just have a bad example. The trigger on mine is not even close to the best non-1911 style trigger. I have five other P series pistols and the 210 is the worse.

I would recommend you find someone who has shot other P210s and have them put rounds downrange with yours. Or see if your local gun store will let you dry-fire theirs (with a snap-cap, of course.) If you do the latter, maybe bring yours in for them to dry-fire as well and see what they say.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

You might well have. I totally understand the "creep" part you mentioned. I once had a P210 from the German Mastershop that had such creep. It was the only P210 I owned out of many (Swiss, German and US) that had the creep. Yeah, it was gritty before the sear let-off. Shit happened. But the part I bolded in the post above is normal, as OTD has explained several times previously.

Q

Posts: 26427 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post