SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225 mags at Midway - Update in original post
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 mags at Midway - Update in original post Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted
Just saw these, on sale ($20) and in stock:
P225/P6 mags

They also have P225A1 mags, those are $50.
- - - -
Update:
Got the mag, cleaned off the copious amount of oil inside and out.
The plastic follower seemed to bind a bit when taking it out, no obvious reason.

I took the mag out the other day for a test run. (Brought along some sandpaper to address the follower if needed.)
4 different kinds of ammo, Fiocchi, Blazer brass, HST 147gr & Blazer aluminum.
Loading the 3rd round, the follower hung up a bit but didn’t prevent loading all rounds.

Shot the mag to slide lock. Loaded some of the other 115 gr loads and shot it to slide lock again.
I wasn’t going to burn up a bunch of HST on a mag test so I put 2 in first, alternating blazer aluminum/HST in the middle and topped off with HST.
My thinking was if it’s going to gag on hollow points it would be under full tension or at the last rounds.

All fed during fast mag dumps and slow fire, Zero jams for about 75 rounds.
Taking the chance got me a range mag for $20. Is it original SIG quality? Oh hell no! But it was just $20.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KMitch200,

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Friends don’t let friends buy promags.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6337 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, yes, they do resemble, vaguely and somewhat, objects which approximate in an ill-defined way, magazines for the SIG P225.

Kind of

Posts: 107700 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
20 bucks, so cheap, until you realize why it is so. 20 bucks for a doorstop? That's ridiculous. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26462 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I’ll find out in a week or so if it’s worth anything. I’ll test it with my other SIG mags.
If it works, great. If it doesn’t, Midway has a generous return policy.

--------

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, it's a good news/bad news deal, Mitch. The good news is, yes, Midway has a great return policy. The bad news is that you're gonna need it.

Posts: 107700 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P38/P1 mags can be made to work.

Posts: 90 | Registered: September 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Writing has been on the wall for a few years re the escalating prices for factory Sig P-225/P-6 mags. Being single stack most owners wanted a couple extra as backup. Once price hit $50 should of seen it was going further to $75 than $100.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, it's a good news/bad news deal, Mitch. The good news is, yes, Midway has a great return policy. The bad news is that you're gonna need it.

Brutal, but a honest assessment.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

That pretty much sums it up.

Posts: 1296 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mo4040:
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

That pretty much sums it up.

Thankfully in this case, it worked out.

--------

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gojoe:
P38/P1 mags can be made to work.
Evidence, please. P.38/P1 mags will not feed in my P225. The followers won't swap and the P.38 follower engages the P6/P225 slide lock and won't let the slide close even with rounds in the mag. I didn't bother to try to cut a mag catch slot in the P.38 mag for that reason.

Contrary to a somewhat common rumor, I haven't been able to make P.38 mags work in the P225. If you've personally figured out a way, please let us know.

I discuss it near the end of this video if anyone is interested.

https://youtu.be/MLng9_biozg?si=jk3UTET7nhoceIOH

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3222 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is on the web a drawing that shows where to remove metal from the feed lips and cut a mag release notch. I was on the verge of doing it. But fortunately I found a treasure trove of very affordable P6 magazines.
I'll try to find the web page.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gojoe:
There is on the web a drawing that shows where to remove metal from the feed lips and cut a mag release notch. I was on the verge of doing it. But fortunately I found a treasure trove of very affordable P6 magazines.
I'll try to find the web page.

P38 magazines converted to 06 is on the Walther firearms forum.