SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can a P226's trigger be made to be as smooth as a Langdon Beretta's?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can a P226's trigger be made to be as smooth as a Langdon Beretta's? Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted
I want to up grade the trigger in my NSW 226, I want to be as smooth and light as my LTT 92 , is this possible ?

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Sure it can, give Robert Burke TheSigArmorer a call and discuss what you want with him and he will advise you on which options he has to meet your needs.
His turn around times are very quick and he tries really hard to keep his prices reasonable.

https://www.thesigarmorer.com/

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Sure it can, give Robert Burke TheSigArmorer a call and discuss what you want with him and he will advise you on which options he has to meet your needs.
His turn around times are very quick and he tries really hard to keep his prices reasonable.

thank you mustang, I would rather hand it off to a professional.

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
You won’t regret have him perform his magic on your P226. His work is also guaranteed for life and is transferable if you ever decide to ever sell.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert Burke is excellent as is Gerry Ritacco, they've both done triggers for me. You won't regret the decision to have the work done.

Posts: 933 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
quote:

Robert Burke (the sig armorer) is a professional, has done work for me on several occasions and I believe is a member here.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

From my experience, the Langdon Beretta is very excellent. But the not-so-professional Burke's Competition Level Action P226 is a slight notch above. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

From my experience, the Langdon Beretta is very excellent. But the not-so-professional Burke's Competition Level Action P226 is a slight notch above. Lol.

is this the saem as the "sig armorer"?

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
is this the saem as the "sig armorer"?

We are all responding to what Mustang-PaPa wrote, "Robert Burke TheSigArmorer", and what you wrote. Robert Burke's business name is The Sig Armorer. Not sure why you were implying he is not professional.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Q at the time Golddot posted thanking me another member posted above his response talking about what he put together himself which was a combination of GGI parts and roberts parts.

I took GoldDots post as thanking me for the advice and link to roberts business and his post was just saying he would rather have Robert a professional do the work rather then doing it himself.

The now deleted post makes the GD post look like he GD is calling robert unprofessional.

I hope GD wasn't referring to robert as un-professional as he is anything but that. Robert rightfully so takes his reputation very serious and I have never seen reference of him being anything but professional.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:

I took GoldDots post as thanking me for the advice and link to roberts business and his post was just saying he would rather have Robert a professional do the work rather then doing it himself.

That's how I read it

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Well, I apologize to golddot, then. I hate it when folks delete their post like that, making others looking like fools. Lol.

Q

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I agree Q, the deleted post had good info for the DYI type.

I have learned that while my posts sometimes are of no help to the OP but many others come along and read the threads and may find the added info of help.

In this thread it could have gone the other way. GoldDot could have been seeking info on DYI and could have found my info of no use for his current needs... Smile

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My P226, which has Bruce Gray's latest trigger and enhanced leverage system, is as smooth as I can imagine a trigger could be.
Harold Hawkins, one of OpSpec's best instructors, doesn't like a "smooth" trigger. He likes one with grit in it, that provides him with "information" about where he is in the trigger pull.
But I'm amazed by it. It's not a glass break, just a smooooooth pull all the way back.
I have no experience with Langdon's work nor anyone other than Bruce's and Randy Lee's.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my experience, Beretta has the smoothest hammer-fired DA/SA, especially out of the box. And consistently so. But I haven’t yet found a hammer-fired DA/SA as smooth as the P226 that I had Burke do the Competition job on.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 338 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Drop in parts will get you 80-90 percent of what in house work will get you. Unless you just want the bragging rights to having a “name” working on your gun, there is very little so called “magic” that a good drop in kit won’t get you these days.

And you don’t have to get stiffed for a couple hundred dollars shipping.

I have never been a Burke fan. I would send a gun to SIG before I would let Burke touch it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I have never been a Burke fan. I would send a gun to SIG before I would let Burke touch it.

Just curious. Did Burke do something bad to your gun?

Q

posted Hide Post
I sent a P220 to Teddy Jacobson and a P226 to Bruce Gray. Both are very fine, but if I had to start over, it might well be with a Langdon Beretta.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
<snip>

Robert Burke’s action job on my P226 X-Five Competition was superb.

Turn around time time was short, and communications were fast, clear, and polite.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Just curious. Did Burke do something bad to your gun?

I too would like to hear why Mr. Jones doesn't care for Robert Burkes work.

I have a P220 SSE that has a competition level action job, and it is absolutely amazing.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post