SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OK, I Am Going To Give SIG Another Chance *Updated with conversion pix*
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK, I Am Going To Give SIG Another Chance *Updated with conversion pix* Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Go buy some Magguts inserts. Kind of pricey but your gun turns into a 14+1. I have been using their products in my 365 and 365X mags without issue. It's hard to believe it is a 15 round gun without gaining but a tiny fraction in base plate length. Like eighth of an inch tiny. All my 365's that are for real use have the Magguts. My reloads are stock mags.

I have not had any issue whatsoever but I decided to hedge my bets. Plus did I mention they are expensive? lol

Posts: 7485 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I wonder why the 365 needs the pin and the 320 does not?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the simple answer is size considerations. On the 320 the back of fcu has a “ledge” that fits into a molded groove in grip module to hold it in place. Ledge/groove in back, takedown pin in front. To save front to back dimensions the 365 fcu has no ledge or groove. Both are replaced by the hole and pin. If you added the ledge on fcu it would by necessity be longer. So, an engineering solution to reduce size. That’s my guess.

Posts: 7485 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Mars,

Now get a magguts spring and base pad and make that 12rd mag a 14rd mag.

I've done it with two of my mags and they run perfect, about 500rds thru each.

https://magguts.com/product-category/sig-sauer/p365/

Its the one on the right, +2 for 12rd magazine.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
If you only need a slight length increase in the magazine length, or want a +2 for the 10 round magazine with very little added length, you can also get the +2 springs for the 10 round magazine, which is what I carry.

Pictured below:
Factory 10 round converted MagGuts 10 round +2 on left
SIG factory 10 round on the right

I have put well over 1000 rounds through 2 of these with no problems.
Tad spendy when you include the kits and the original 10 round factory magazines, but I carry 12 + 1 in the gun plus a spare 12 round magazine that are only about ~5mm longer than factory 10 round magazines. That's a load-out of 25 rounds vs 21 in almost the exact same footprint.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I have the 10 round mag. It's way too short.

I have to say that I REALLY like they way the grip module can be changed out. It gives you the option of reconfiguring the weapon if you want it more concealable or if you want more grip control.

Sig taking a cue from Glock with the single push pin to remove the module is excellent.

The longer module fits my hand MUCH better and when the new mag arrives I will have +2 over the Glock's capacity with equal grip length. If I go with the smaller grip, I will be equal rounds with the Glock, but a MUCH more concealable weapon. Even though the 43X is a home run for Glock, this little Sig is an absolute Grand Slam.

The trigger on the Sig is vastly superior to the Glock. But I am used to revolvers, so I am unfairly biased as I shoot the Glock really well. It's just a personal preference.

There, I said it. Sig did something right.

You could buy the Armory Craft baseplate to convert the 10 round magazines for use in the XL lenght grip. Very well made.

https://www.armorycraft.com/pr...-for-10-rd-magazines

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

You could buy the Armory Craft baseplate to convert the 10 round magazines for use in the XL lenght grip. Very well made.

That be what I need!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

That be what I need!

That link says they're for Wilson Combat grip modules only though.

This link is the one for the Sig XL grip module

Sig Sauer P365 "XL"Pinky Extension WITH ADAPTER for 10 Round Magazines

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
While I did not have a bad experience with the voluntary upgrade,(Recall) Cough, Cough, I have always liked the 365.

I have since finally moved away from Glock and am all Sig again, despite not agreeing with their cooperate practices.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:

This link is the one for the Sig XL grip module

Sig Sauer P365 "XL"Pinky Extension WITH ADAPTER for 10 Round Magazines

OK, that is perfect. I ordered one.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I put a combination of over a hundred rounds through it yesterday with zero problems.

124gr reloads, 115gr WWB, 115 reloads, 124 gr defense loads and some 148gr golden sabers.

The 148gr was SNAPPY. Quick follow up was impossible.

115gr Black Talon was the best of the bunch for followup shots.

The XL frame on the standard slide was better than the Glock 43X all the way around. It's SUBSTANTIALLY smaller (as in grip frame diameter, width and length) with higher capacity. For me, MUCH easier to conceal.

Seems what I created was a 365X without the slide complication cut for the dead battery storage device that defeats the purpose of a micro compact.

The 365X was not available at my fun store when I purchased this pre-owned 365 for a substantial savings, so I am quite pleased with it, even with the purchase of the conversion. Now I can adjust it to my future needs and back.

My Glock is a WONDERFUL micro compact, but the Sig just overwhelming beats it for my purposes. It will be relegated to center console duty.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
Took my brand new 365 to the range today and on the second mag it locked up and I couldn’t get the slide to budge. Fortunately I’m close to the Sig factory store so stopped in and an armorer got the round out and said he couldn’t find anything wrong with either the pistol or the round, they just recommended I use a different ammo. As The Dude would say, That’s a bummer man, that’s a real bummer.

Posts: 29 | Registered: May 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post