SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Special thanks to Revolution37 for this gorgeous Staccato C2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special thanks to Revolution37 for this gorgeous Staccato C2 Login/Join 
posted

5 shots, 21 feet, 2 hands unsupported. My strong side shoulder is broken and rotator cuff is torn yet this was low recoil and smooth shooting (not to mention dead on accurate). I can see why people sell off the rest of their collection once they start adding these to the stable. What a pleasure to shoot!

Due to my astigmatism I had to be selective about the RDS. The Primary Arms Holosun optic with the red chevron is fantastic. I don't see any starbursts and with the outer red circle it makes acquisition of the chevron quick and easy. Did I mention it was dead on accurate?

Posts: 829 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting! I’m glad you enjoy the gun. Careful…they tend to multiply.

This isn’t a feedback thread per se but everyone should feel comfortable doing deals with Hildur. We had a lot of random things come up on this transaction and his communication was A++!

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Likewise Revolution37. I asked to change the purchase after payment was mailed and in modifying the purchase I had a lot of obstacles to overcome with the bank for processing payments to a "potential scammer." Revolution37 was patient, accommodating and the deal got done as agreed upon. I also highly recommend Revolution37 to anyone who deals with him in the future. Straight shooter, great communicator and I'm very pleased with our transaction.

Posts: 829 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking gun and nice shooting. Many other guns in the range bag get swapped out, but my staccato P is always in there. Debating on adding a CS to the arsenal just hasn’t pulled the trigger yet.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kskelton. I knew from the first moment I held it I was not going to shoot a lot of my other 9mm pistols moving forward. The weird thing is that it doesn't feel all that great in my hand. It reminds me of a Glock: different, not bad but not like it was made for my hand like a P226 X5 or P229. Interestingly I've read a lot of reviews online with similar feedback. A reoccurring theme in many of those reviews is that despite not having the most comfortable grip, even when compared to other Staccatos, the C2 shot surprisingly well in comparison to other pistols... something I can personally attest to.

I'm very short on time and despite having this pistol for 6 weeks I was finally able to shoot it this weekend for the first time. I was hoping to work up some reloads to see if it was possible to tighten up that group from a bench but my shoulder has a long road to recovery and operating a press is out of the question.

A couple things I need to work out is that I followed Holosun's installation instructions and torque specs with a in/lb torque wrench yet the RDS still has a little bit of play somewhere (I think it's between the RDS and the adapter plate. The adapter plate was solid and didn't have any movement when I torqued it down as best I could). I tried to torque it to 15 in/lbs on the adapter plate and 20 in/lbs on the optic to the plate but I've stripped two torx bits already and I don't have any more spares. This is my first RDS and I didn't use any loctite in the event something like this happened. When the sight is solid and I can torque it down without stripping torx bits, I'll apply red or blue loctite.

Lastly, one of the intriguing things about this pistol is that the backup iron sights is in front of the RDS. I thought about it and preferred it this way. However, with the Holosun to Trijicon RMR footprint adapter plate, the sight obstructs the rear sight and I'm wondering if I should replace the front and rear iron sights with taller sights designed for shooting suppressed. Or should I just leave it as is and learn how to shoot with the rear sight obstructed. Thoughts?

Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
Not to take away from a great group, but how fast were you shooting just out of curiosity?

I need to work on shooting faster with both iron sights and my red dot sights.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1748 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FP2000H:
Not to take away from a great group, but how fast were you shooting just out of curiosity?

I need to work on shooting faster with both iron sights and my red dot sights.

If I had to guess about 1 shot per second. Here's the video of me doing it:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2GIRjCc2IH4