SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Shadow 2 arrived - no test target
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Shadow 2 arrived - no test target Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted
Continuing with what seems to be a noticeably present CZ theme here the last few weeks, here is my CZ Shadow 2 picked up just yesterday. Not sure how durable the blue aluminum grips will be in the long run but they do look nice and the texture is grippy but not uncomfortable to hold so we'll see how it feels while shooting with them soon. I really like how every major part on the Shadow 2 is nitrided, including the barrel, to avoid corrosion (the frame is also polycoated over that) and that it comes with a nice fiber optic front sight, adjustable rear, and three 17 round mags with the plastic baseplates as well. Also comes with an extra, wider safety lever and extra buffers too but what was noticeably absent was a test target.

I was concerned about the missing test target when I went to pick it up thinking the selling FFL either took it out and left it out when putting the packing slip inside or ??? so I called up CZ while at the local shop to ask. They actually took the time to look through several of the Shadow 2s they had there in inventory and advised that none of them had a test target inside so it looks like they are not including them with the Shadow 2 guns going forward. A little disappointing but not a deal breaker by any stretch as they really are more of a function test target than anything else. The target included with my 75 compact showed impacts noticeably higher than what the point of aim on the paper target seemed to indicate but when I took it to the range the sights on it were dead on and it is impressively accurate. I expect the Shadow 2 will not disappoint either. Will have to report back after trying it out. Cool

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I thought the same thing when I got mine. Was a little disappointed but no big deal..

Posts: 2309 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol! My Shadow 2 had a target, but it came out of the Custom Shop. That may be the difference concerning targets.

Mine came with black aluminum grips. I switched them out for Titanium colored aluminum grips. They're just slightly a lighter blue then yours. I'm very pleased with mine. It shoots better than I can.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm wrestling with it, but I may break down and get me one of those--if I can do it for under $1k. I shot that 75B so well, several years ago, I can just imagine a Shadow 2.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I just picked up an SP-01 Tactical today that included a test target, although it’s really a computer plot chart of where the hits landed on the actual target from what it looks like.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I bought an "Urban Gray" Shadow II a couple of months ago. Mine did not come with a test target either. Very accurate and pleasant to shoot. Enjoy!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've a couple, one of them came directly from CZ as a replacement. Neither had a test target. This is in lieu of that, just from yesterday, first 5 rounds of training session to verify my zero. 25 yards, unsupported, pace somewhere in between bullseye and bill drill. Just let my dot settle, stabilized it, pressed the trigger from front to back

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Weather has been really crappy down here this weekend and have had a couple other things come up so haven't been able to make it to the range yet. Good to hear that others have confirmed what CZ said about the targets, but again it was not going to be a deal breaker as the gun was cosmetically perfect, very nice slide to frame fit, smooth slide action, and crisp trigger when handling it unloaded. On that note, the single action on mine measures right at 3 lbs. which seems perfect to me. Now I just have to get it to the range this coming week.

Nice shooting YVK!

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The two I purchased new did not have one. I also have a Shadow Line that did not have one either.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
I just picked up an SP-01 Tactical today that included a test target, although it’s really a computer plot chart of where the hits landed on the actual target from what it looks like.

That is what I got as well for mine. Kind of silly actually given I don’t know what ammo was used. I suspect that every pistol or revolver I have shoots better than I can hold it.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Dtech - very nice indeed. Interestingly, I just received my new Kadet II Adapter which included a test target dated 17.04.2018. I'm not certain why some products ship without the test target.

Posts: 3508 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
As for the test target, I suspect that it started for guns made in the second half of 2018 for certain guns (or maybe even most or all of them and sellers are still working through some of their earlier inventory?) as even the folks at CZ had to physically check some of their inventory guns to be able to tell me if they were still included or not and they confirmed the recent Shadow 2s do not. Based on some other Shadow2s I've seen, and the serial number on mine, it seems mine was probably made in the last couple of months of 2018. That was the only other nice perk on the targets besides the impact printout is that it told you pretty much the date of manufacture or close to it even if they tested it on another day. I just thought it interesting to note and mention so that people would not have some doubts like I and others had.

As for how it shoots, I was able to make it to the range yesterday for a little while and grabbed 5 random boxes of 9mm to test for function and getting to know the pistol. I wish I had taken pictures of the targets with each type of ammo but I was having so much fun and had such a silly grin on my face with how fantastic the gun shoots and cycles that by the time I thought about it, I had already gone through 4 of the 5 boxes of ammo and a mag into the fifth so I'll take some accuracy target pictures next time. Needless to say, the accuracy was impressive! There is really no point shooting the pistol at anything closer than 10 to 15 yards as you just end up with a small ragged hole in the target totally erasing the point of aim. It is still fun to do though. Excellent trigger, soft recoil, and great sights that are dead on from the factory. The ammo used (all FMJ) was:

115gr Fiocchi
115gr PMC Bronze
124gr Magtech
124gr Federal
147gr Federal

All the ammo cycled and fired perfectly with no glaring evidence of it being overly picky about what it shoots accurately firing two hand standing. Part of the grin inducing experience was when using the PMC ammo, I felt like I was reenacting the scene from Robocop when he is doing the shooting demonstration at the PD range given the size and general shape of the gun and the size of the bright, long, flaming muzzle blast from every shot. Big Grin

I can honestly say that the Shadow 2 is now my favorite range pistol! The only thing I am undecided on is the aluminum grip. It felt ok and did not seem to irritate while shooting, but if I had to pick one thing to nitpick about is not sure if I will keep them on for regular use. Only some additional range time will help me decide.

-Dtech