SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Frommer collection is now complete.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Frommer collection is now complete. Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
Went to the OGCA show yesterday looking for Parker Hale PH5B parts, struck out. Found this Luftwaffe 1st contract P Mod 37 .32 ACP, all matching except for the mag. Seller came $150 off his asking price. It's ironic that the Nazi's used a pistol designed by a Jew.

My collection is now complete [The Frommer 1901 & 1906 are unobtainium, and I consider the .380 ACP Stop & Baby duplicates].

Family picture:

Relic quality 1910, Nice 1910, 1914 Baby.

Scarce 1916 German Contract Stop, 1918 Hungarian Stop [WW2 papered bringback]. 1930's Liliput [Import marked for US sale].

29M Hungarian Army, 37M Hungarian Army [WW2 papered bringback], 1941 P Mod 37 Luftwaffe 1st Contract.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very nice and a somewhat unusual niche.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I know what that is! My older brother collects the unusual German used WWII stuff. He has the CZ 27 also.
He just bought a Mod 37 Luftwaffe contract last weekend.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on completing this collection.

Sadly, I did not make it to this show.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice an unique collection! It's always rewarding to bring something like that to completion. That finger rest on the mag baseplates in the bottom row is certainly pronounced, but you can still see that same concept carried over into many modern small-autos carried today.

It also looks like some of John Browning's influence made its way into his later designs...at least in the area of controls and aesthetics. That's some very cool history that you have there. Have you shot them all?

Posts: 8422 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Very nice an unique collection! It's always rewarding to bring something like that to completion. That finger rest on the mag baseplates in the bottom row is certainly pronounced, but you can still see that same concept carried over into many modern small-autos carried today.

It also looks like some of John Browning's influence made its way into his later designs...at least in the area of controls and aesthetics. That's some very cool history that you have there. Have you shot them all?

I haven't shot the 1910. 7.65 Frommer Short (AKA 7.65 Roth Sauer) hasn't been made since 1930. A GB seller has it for $45/round. I do have an original production round, I'm sure the primer is long dead.

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
$45/round

Ouch! Eek

Posts: 8422 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Check out Ian's latest video on the Austro-Hungarian attempt to turn a pair of Frommer pistols into a light, tripod mounted machine gun!!

https://youtu.be/8y3-qQUQAgA

Get that setup, then your Frommer collection will be complete. Wink

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Check out Ian's latest video on the Austro-Hungarian attempt to turn a pair of Frommer pistols into a light, tripod mounted machine gun!!

https://youtu.be/8y3-qQUQAgA

Get that setup, then your Frommer collection will be complete. Wink

I follow him on FB. Already told him I wanted it LOL.

-Bomber Harris

posted Hide Post
I keep wanting a stop and a baby stop. People keep outbidding me, however. I really wish I had been smart enough to buy all of the C&R stuff back in the when. This stuff used to be cheap!

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post