SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 XL+Macro grip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 XL+Macro grip Login/Join 
Picture of fullmann
posted
Picked up a macro grip frame from SIG just to see if I’d like it, actually very comfortable. So I set my sights on a 365XL as a donor slide and FCU..

Found one locally with the “new” optic cut and my willpower couldn’t resist. This thing is amazingly small. It is smaller in EVERY dimension than my p320 xcompact. Plus 2 more rounds.

No question my wife will steal it as it’s a full capacity gun that her xsmall hands can actually get a good grip on.

Without being too dramatic, this combo literally obsoleted 2/3 of my 9mm pistol collection. As soon as SIG releases a threaded barrel in the correct 13.5x1 LH pitch, the rest of my 9mm collection may be in danger.

Now for some range time to see if it actually is “the one”. But let’s be honest, I’m not selling anything Cool

Any of y’all as amazed by this combo of capacity/size?

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The XMacro frame, while decently thin (like the rest of the P365 line) isn't small. The grip is longer than a Glock 19. For carry, that might be an issue.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BBMW, I am sitting here with a gen4 G19 and a Macro in front of me. What you are saying is factually true but barely and without a ton of context. It is basically a skinny, slightly smaller in most dimensions G19 that adds 2 rounds. Ie, if you can carry a G19 you will carry the Macro easier.

The Macro is a fraction of an inch taller. Just barely taller. It is shorter in length by a tiny bit and if you cut off that plastic beavertail it would be even shorter. It is thinner by a bunch. And it holds 2 extra rounds.

So its a smaller gun in every dimension except one which is basically almost a draw and smaller in every over dimension with an increase in capacity.

Personally, I have ditched my Macro frame. With the Macro mag, I use a Wilson Combat X frame and have the ability to use the 12 rounders or the Macro 17 depending on what I am wearing.

I like the Macro frame but in my hand the WC module actually still feels better. Add in the Macro magazine with the appropriate supplied baseplate and you have a Macro and an X depending on which mag you use. My Macro frame now sits in a parts bin.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
I agree on the Wilson grips. Can’t wait til the make a macro.

I’ll still be carrying my standard 365 95% of the time. But I was still amazed at the macro, my wife will love it for sure, as the CCW sized guns gave her the correct grip, but lacked capacity.

Now if Wilson would come out with a 15 round flush fit grip for the XL upper. Bigger than the XL but a hair shorter than the macro.. Call it an XL+, no question they’d sell a lot of those.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Good to hear this slide/grip module works as I was planning on doing the same thing. Post a pic when you can..

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If WC makes a Macro I will just hand them my checkbook. I might make a Macro again. Lol. Based on Sig’s crazy webstore pricing the Macro is a great donor pistol.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post