SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    explain differnt models
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

explain differnt models Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
Had a friend ask a question I can not answer so I ask for your help.
Please explain the different "series" in Sigs.
What is the difference between a basic pistol and a Legion or an X? And any others if they exist.
Please keep it as simple as possible to help us understand it.

Thanks

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I think that would require a ten page reply to explain all of that.

Here is a link concerning the 320 only, there are 22 different variations Eek. You just need to click on each to get the description.

https://www.sigsauer.com/firearms/pistols/p320.html

You could do the same with the other models. If you want info on discontinued models, just ask and someone will be along to drop their knowledge

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Tell him to start here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Sig_sauer

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, the above is probably the best you're gonna get. I got my first Sig in 1996, the model lineup made sense and was fairly straightforward. Now the driving force with Sig and most of the other firearms manufacturers is MARKETING.

No real continuity, more what's hot in any given year. Whatever sells gets ramped up and whatever doesn't disappears. Also, manufacturing capabilities today can handle production line changes that wouldn't have been possible a number of years ago. It's a different world out there nowadays.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Except for the "legion series" which includes models from everything and is really an upsell of extra stuff in the gun with some 'panache' for the owner (which to me is silly but certain things can only be had in the legion line) and the X series which I take they mean a 320 that has a metal frame. Sig doesn't market its products as "series". It markets them as models.
We in the community sometimes refer to a group of models with names like "p series" to refer to the models P220,p226,P229 etc. which share certain classic sig characteristics like hammer fired and al frame. Sig is the chinese menu of gun designers, just pick a model and then you can see all the submodels. just don't blink as it might change while you are looking.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post