SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is this a high cap p365 (s&w vex)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this a high cap p365 (s&w vex) Login/Join 
posted
Like the title says, looks to me like a high cap p365 but I don’t see pistol height listed on the site

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/csx?sku=12615

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No, it's not a "high cap P365". It's a "same cap (or slightly lower cap) alternative to the P365 for those who would rather have a SAO hammer-fired gun with a metal frame". Wink

There's 5 pages of discussion on the S&W CSX a few threads down: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/2850060884

Dimensions are very slightly larger than the P365, and a little bit heavier due to the aluminum frame versus the P365's polymer. (The CSX's height is listed on the S&W website next to the other dimensions.)

CSX Height: 4.6"
P365 Height: 4.3"

CSX Width: 1.12"
P365 Width: 1.06"

CSX Length: 6.1"
P365 Length: 5.8"

CSX Weight (empty): 19.5 oz
P365 Weight (empty): 17.8 oz

It's not any higher capacity than the P365, since both the P365 and CSX have 10 round flush fit magazines and 12 round extended magazines. But unlike the P365, the CSX doesn't have the option of a 15 round magazine.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The CSX may be longer, thicker, taller, and heavier, but at least it's uglier! Wait...

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gun makes no sense to me. It's an XDe or a 938 competitor. Except nobody is buying those guns in any quantity. Where is the demand for this thing?

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Smith & Wesson has a long history of making bad corporate decisions.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
CSX is uploaded on Handgun Hero if you want to compared it side-by-side w/ a P365 (or any other popular handgun on the market). It's definitely bigger.

https://www.handgunhero.com/co...-vs-smith-wesson-csx

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't see the XD-E as a close competitor to the CSX, and it's been discontinued anyway.

The 938 would be, but he CSX has much higher capacity than the 938.

But I also agree that I don't see this gun being really successful. I think the Shield Plus will outsell it 10-1 or more, as will the P365. Smith must think they know something about the market we're not seeing, but who knows what that is.

quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
The gun makes no sense to me. It's an XDe or a 938 competitor. Except nobody is buying those guns in any quantity. Where is the demand for this thing?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post