SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any Ruger LCP Max users here?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Ruger LCP Max users here? Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've had one for several months now and pocket carried it on vacation in Hawaii about six months ago. Plenty small and flat, with great sights, and it functions fine with my preferred .380 ammo (Lehigh Defense Xtreme Penetrators). I carry it in the same Mika Pocket Holster that I used for my Ruger LCPII.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
That's how I carry mine with the flush floorplate. With the fingerrest it doesn't quite fit right in my hand and the 12 rounder affects concealability

quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3431 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for reminding me of this firearm, I was seriously considering a Tomcat. This looks better to me in everything but the looks department.
Which is fine, I've always been a function over form type of guy.

Just one question for the pocket carry folks: Do you have to get pants that scream "gun on board" or will the typical Wrangler etc. work?

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have the LCP Max 380, nice little carry, with a slip on pocket holster it fits right in my jeans pocket.

Posts: 23219 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any issues with any jhp ammo.? Anything it does not like?

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one a few weeks ago, of all the pistols I have it's my lest favorite.

The trigger is to touchy to suit me, I would feel safer if it had a manual safety. For this reason I will not be carrying it, in fact I'm going to get rid of it as soon as I can.

It's not half the gun as my Sig P365 .380

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 19, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Anyone have any issues with any jhp ammo.? Anything it does not like?

Only JHPs I've run in mine are the Sig V Crown 90gr. No issues. I've run a ton of various factory ball ammo with no issues as well.
I got it for those times when the P365 9mm is just a little to big. So far that really hasn't been an issue, but if it ever is, I'll be prepared.

Posts: 4 | Location: Badlands of Montana | Registered: January 19, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Just bought one yesterday along with a Kel-Tec P32.
I really dig both so far, but with the Ruger's provided pocket holster the Kel-Tec actually fits and draws without bringing the holster along for the ride like the Ruger does.

No doubt the LCP Max is the better gun of the two, but I'll be packing the P32 starting today.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post