SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any Ruger LCP Max users here?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Ruger LCP Max users here? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Have of you guys or gals picked up the Ruger LCP Max? If so, what are your thoughts on it? You had any issues with it?

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I shot one at the local range and liked it. Fired 200 rounds with no issues at all.

I used to own the standard LCP. The Max isn’t much bigger at all but feels better in the hand with the thicker grip. The sights are much nicer too. If I get another .380, it will likely be that one.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold my lcp2 after buying the max. The sights alone are worth it let alone the 10/12rd mags. Great little pistol. Until Hogue comes out with a beavertail Handall, model for the p365 works, just have to trim a little around the mag well.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have one but I'm underwhelmed with how it shoots. Maybe it's because my LCP 2 is a tackdriver by comparison (which is hard to believe).

I want to run another couple hundred through it before I consider it a carry gun. Function has been 100% and yes the sights are a great improvement.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot one of my buddies. I don't care for the round, but this thing did well.
He liked it so much he bought another one, so I guess there's that.

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by josp:
Shot one of my buddies.

I know it’s only .380, but damn, that dude is tough!

Posts: 164 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I bought one.

My Glock 42 has been replaced.

The LCP max is a damn good gun. Good sights, really shootable with the wider grip and better sights.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMan:
quote:
Shot one of my buddies.

Shot the guy, took his LCP Max, and forced him to buy a replacement.

With friends like that...
Remind me never to go on a range trip w/ TheMan. Eek

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I'm seriously thinking about selling one of my .380s and buying an LCP Max.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Shot one of my buddies.

I didn't get it at first. I'm kind of slow...

I am thinking about the Max to replace my Nano and 442. Capacity vs. caliber, I think I like capacity. Of course I will not immediately sell either one until I decide if I like the Max, and by that time I will probably end up keeping them all - just because.

Posts: 546 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have one,had it a couple of months. There is another thread on this pistol.

I installed a Hogue beavertail grip from a Walther PPS.

Yesterday, I sent the parts off to be coated with Ion Bond.
Also installed a Galloway Precision trigger to eliminate trigger sting.

Love the pistol, but finding ammo is impossible.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I bought one.

My Glock 42 has been replaced.

The LCP max is a damn good gun. Good sights, really shootable with the wider grip and better sights.

Do you find the LCP Max to be a better shooter than the Glock 42?

I find the Glock 42 to be pretty easy to shoot.

I have no experience with the Ruger LCP other than the original version which I found challenging.

I realize there have been a few fairly major updates since that original model.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:

The Glock 42 is a legendary small carry .380 pistol that shoots so darn well. No, the LCP Max is not a better shooter than the G42. The G42 is the better gun, the better shooter, and the higher quality gun.

The LCP Max does a good job for what it is. It has a shorter barrel so worse ballistics, but it does have 11/13 rounds on board, compared to 7 with the G42.

The LCP Max has a fatter grip than the previous LCP, so it is easier to grip and shoot rapidly. I was doing triple taps at the range with the LCP Max and it is a very shootable gun. Triple taps are how I train as that is likely how I would deploy the gun in real life... and triple taps are quick and back on target and accurate.

I have 200 plus rounds down range in the LCP Max and it has been 100% reliable. I have probably 1500 rounds down range in the G42, and it has been reliable as well. I hope the LCP Max stay reliable, as I really like this gun.

Edit 9/16- 50 more FMJ and 10 HST rounds down range this morning, no issues, runs great. Sweet shooter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bubbatime,

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:

The Glock 42 is a legendary small carry .380 pistol that shoots so darn well. No, the LCP Max is not a better shooter than the G42. The G42 is the better gun, the better shooter, and the higher quality gun.

The LCP Max does a good job for what it is. It has a shorter barrel so worse ballistics, but it does have 11/13 rounds on board, compared to 7 with the G42.

The LCP Max has a fatter grip than the previous LCP, so it is easier to grip and shoot rapidly. I was doing triple taps at the range with the LCP Max and it is a very shootable gun. Triple taps are how I train as that is likely how I would deploy the gun in real life... and triple taps are quick and back on target and accurate.

I have 200 plus rounds down range in the LCP Max and it has been 100% reliable. I have probably 1500 rounds down range in the G42, and it has been reliable as well. I hope the LCP Max stay reliable, as I really like this gun.

Thanks for the response bubbatime. Good info and analysis.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
quote:
Shot one of my buddies.

Shot the guy, took his LCP Max, and forced him to buy a replacement.

With friends like that...
Remind me never to go on a range trip w/ TheMan. Eek

Rough room! Well, tip your waitresses, I’ll be here all week.

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Looking closely at this model.

Any updates on these now that they've been around a while longer?

Everyone (for the most part) still like 'em?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry one almost everyday and I've put around 200rnds through it without any malfunctions. I get 11 rounds in a package small enough to hide away in any of my pockets.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3500 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I carry mine regularly, and liked it enough to get my father one as well.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have/had one, I liked it very much and it was reliable after a couple hundred rounds of various stuff. I ended up giving it to my 84 yr old father in law, he had a 1st Gen LCP that he carried everywhere, I showed him the max and he couldn’t believe he could actually see the front sight and 10 & 12 rd mag. He has plenty of other things to carry but they are much heavier. I figured it was worth giving it to him so he had something he’d actually carry all the time. He loves it. I will probably buy another soon, it didn’t carry any different than a newer LCP I now carry in my pocket. Was very impressed with the Max.

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had one for a year or so. Only took it to the range once. It worked fine (not sure how many rounds but all went bang and cases ejected as they should).

I bought both left and right handed holsters, but never carried it.

I have a G42 that works perfectly, it's some bigger than the LCP Max and, I think, is easier to shoot quickly and accurately.

I may not be explaining my thinking very well, but with the 42, I just pull it from whatever holster I have, look for the front sight and fire. With the Max, I gotta think just a bit more, it's small, gotta make sure I got the right grip on it, a bit harder to line up the sights. I liked that it was quite reliable, which is I why still have it, thinking maybe I will find a use for it.

But, I think I am gonna sell or trade the Max before too long. That'll likely come when I see something else I just "have" to have.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post