SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    walther ppk/s old german vs new ppks question.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

walther ppk/s old german vs new ppks question. Login/Join 
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OTD is correct. Most of the postwar Walther-marked PP-series pistols were assembled by Manurhin.

it is the other way around. Manurhin produced the parts, Walther assembled them. Otherwise, German proof and the marking "Made in Germany" would not have been possible.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course you're correct, OTD. Thanks

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:

80% or more of all postwar PPKs were manufactured in France at Manurhin.

A Manhurin will be stamped as such. Interarms did import them, however If it's made in Germany, it will be stamped as such with the proper proofhouse marks.

The non-Walther Interarms guns were made by Ranger Arms in Alabama. These were licensed from 1978-1999 and they are stamped Interarms, Made In USA.

My understanding is that the PPK/S I have was mostly manufactured in France by Manurhin, then just finished and proofed by Walther. But it is stamped "Made in Germany" not "Made in France"?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7032 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
from what I have read,

Walther supplied the forgings, Manhurin finished them out soft, sent them back to Walther, in which they were finished, roll marked, hardened and blued before final assembly then proofed in Ulm.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
wealth of knowledge here, Thank you! I ended up buy two of the new production ones, going to try and find another ulm like the wife has, just want them for plinking and something the wife and daughter can have on them if they go on a trip. No not the best self-defense pistol but they are very comfortable with them, and it's better than nothing. I bought the second one because I'm going to shoot the hell out of it and see how well it holds up, I also purchased 5000 rounds of mini mags high velocity ammo.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
I am not referencing the FÉG Model 63, but the PPK/E. The PPK/ was manufactured by FÉG for Walther and marketed as the Walther PPK/E in Europe.

OTD - Thank you for the clarification. I was unaware of this model. As mentioned, this is a very informative thread.

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post