SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who has / thoughts on Smith M&P VTAC pistol?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Who has / thoughts on Smith M&P VTAC pistol? Login/Join 
Picture of pepsiblue
posted
Stopped in my local spot today and they had a FDE M&P trade in sitting in the case. I'm not 100% sure its a Vickers model, mainly because I didnt know what to look for at the time. Now that I've had time to browse the internet it appears that the Vickers model is the only version that is ALL flat dark earth, slide and frame. I did check the serial number, and it didn't have any special prefix. I'm gonna go back and look at it again in the morning. The Vickers model has different sights, and come with Vickers baseplates installed on the mags.

Is there anything else I need to look for? I have no experiance with the M&P's, but I like the way it felt, and I'm a sucker for the FDE color scheme!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2494 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
VTAC is Viking Tactics from Kyle Lamb, not Vickers Tactical, just FYI.

I believe the sights and the color are the only special features.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I had one for awhile. The only thing different about the VTAC M&P models are the sights and the FDE color. I liked it well enough, it needed the usual Apex parts still. As a side note, it would not function well suppressed. Others have had the same issue. It never gave me a problem unsuppressed though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dry-fly,

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
VTAC is Viking Tactics from Kyle Lamb, not Vickers Tactical, just FYI.

I believe the sights and the color are the only special features.

Thanks for clearing that up!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I went back yesterday and did a little closer inspection. It is a VTAC edition, and it does have the Warrior sights. It has a FDE mag release as opposed to a black one like I have seen online. The mags had FDE base blates, but were not marked VTAC in any way. Comes with the box and two mags, for $300 out the door......so I put it on layaway. I have not had a S&W semiauto since my 4506, so hopefully it will be a shooter!

Arc.
___

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Decent deal on a M&P 9c. If it's like my regular 9c, you'll end up liking it.
Very G26-like, in that it has decent capacity (12+1), yet is pocketable in slacks/dress pants. With a spare mag in the other pocket, you'll have 25 rounds to work with.I pocket-carry mine about 65% of the time.
Enjoy.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Report This Post