SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I love my bi-annual trips to my hometown FFL - several pics inside
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I love my bi-annual trips to my hometown FFL - several pics inside Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Was a little thin on the P226 collection, not anymore.

Nice 1988 Example - all matching original items, red velvet from the box is starting to come off so it’s gonna get a bath and separated from the box for storage.

Q passed this one to me, started me on the 226 binge recently. Was to be and IS the first ever 226 I've owned as far as I can recall. Owned and passed on many P series over the years, and only in recent years have stopped selling and started keeping, so MANY thanks to Q.

Was also wanting a NSW-prefix example. Thanks to another forum member I now own this one.

Also found the SSE I was looking for to match my P229. Found this one on GB, not a steal but well below current valuations and short extractor like I was after. I am also quite fond of how dark these rosewood grips are on this one.

Jeff Yarchin posted this NICE P225 example for a great price, the fact that he doubled the value with the added mags (of which I’m an avid collector) made this impossible to pass up. Thanks to the forum member who passed this deal to me!

Not wanting to leave anyone out, I have no P228s, I have some extra Nill grips and was looking for a well priced pistol to do a little refinishing on for a reverse two-tone project. After seeing this, “blue titanium” whatever color this is, I think I’ll save the money and put the Nills on a 229 or save em for later.

Final submission is not one that was at the top of my list but I was wanting a P210 at SOME point. The price on this one was hard to pass up so I grabbed this carry model to check out.

I’ve got some more Handgun Hangers on order and some more shelves for the safe, once I get em all cleaned up and presentable I might get some family shots.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is one heck of a trip. Very nice guns.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Which is your favorite?

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:

Out of this stack? The NSW, dont like the thickness of the wooden grips on the P226 SSE, or the Hogues on the P228, nor do I like the skinny triggers, gotta change both of those.

The P210 Carry IS growing on me though, feels amazing in my hand a a decent enough trigger.

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That 228 resembles some of the nickel ones from that time period.

Please keep me in mind for the 225 skinny trigger. Always wanted to try one on a 225.

Some day I hope to have a 210 carry. They look very nice. Haven't saw one in person.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now this is what I call proper binging. Wink

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:

Out of this stack? The NSW, dont like the thickness of the wooden grips on the P226 SSE, or the Hogues on the P228, nor do I like the skinny triggers, gotta change both of those.

The P210 Carry IS growing on me though, feels amazing in my hand a a decent enough trigger.

I thought you were going to say the W. German P226, but that NSW is pretty awesome. I regret not picking one up when I had the chance.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did your NSW come with the dovetail 10 rounders?

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lot_45:
Did your NSW come with the dovetail 10 rounders?

They were 10 rounders YES, I'll have to confirm when I get home if they were dovetail. I didn't notice that feature outright.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The NSW was released in 2004 but pre-AWB sunset. The correct mags are those 10-rounders.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post