SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dealing with manual ambi safety on 365
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dealing with manual ambi safety on 365 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well if the training you took had you engaging the safety during a string of fire during a mag change then you wasted your money because that is idiotic. The safety during a mag change is ensuring your finger is out of the trigger guard not a safety being engaged. I would have laughed at those idiots and seen if I could get my money back.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
I started reading this thread and had to ask myself if my 365 had a right-side safety. I looked, sure enough it does. However, it is not used nor in the way and is insignificant.

This is exactly what I am looking for.
Tell me how you do that?
For me - my right hand is just below the right lever, and when I swipe down the left lever with my right thumb, the right lever bumps into my right finger as it joiins my hand. It may be that I tend to angle my right finger onto the slide, vs straight over the trigger guard.
I started this thread because I thought it was something about my grip.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I thought about removing the right side lever but don't have any problems with it interfering with my grip. For those that remove it, what if you get in a situation where you need to shoot/disengage the lever with your left hand?

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot tell how to ignore the right-side safety but I concentrate on the items that help me shoot and the safety is totally out of my mind after I have readied the pistol to fire. I concentrate on my grip, the sights, the target and then the trigger pull.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post